Heart pattern stitch - not heart

Sofia

Question

Once upon a time I saw a pattern for a dishcloth or afghan that used a stitch which when done in 2 colors looked like a heart enclosed in a border. My memory was that it was a 2 or 3 row repeat pattern.

I searched for heart patterns and come up with hearts not pattern stitches.

DOes this spark a memory for anyone?

Thanks

17 answers to this question

Thank you Kim and Cro Julee. That was a quick response! (Of course I guess if you designed the stitch you would know right away what I meant. :-) )

That is exactly the pattern I was looking for. My grand daughter wants a new blanket "with hearts and in purple" -- her words. So I am thinking I would like to try it in purple and white!

Thank you again!

Sorry to disappear on you guys. Writing a book will do that to me. :)

Thank you all! I'm glad you like the book and my "accidental" story. My mom is the most happy with the story because it's her favorite afghan and she has it on her couch. :c9

I created the stitch patterns for the five afghans all at the same time. I was going for a really contemporary look. Sort of trying to give the traditional ripple a face lift.

I had been working on the swatches like mad, creating all kinds of stitch patterns, with bucket fulls of yarn on the couch. :lol When I got up to get myself a soda and returned, the hearts just glared at me. I had no idea there were hearts there. I almost squealed with delight. Too funny!

I've been admiring that pattern, I've purchased it, and it's been on my WIM list for ages. So I really enjoyed hearing about the serendipitous way you created it. Keep breaking for those sodas!

My daughter has a birthday coming up in February and she keeps trying to keep the blankets I make for everybody else so I decided to finally make her one. I had her look through all my patterns, books, and magazines and this pattern is the one she chose. She chose it in turquoise and black. It is a very easy and beautiful pattern except I am having trouble with the placement of the FPTR-SC. But I will keep soldiering on. Hope everybody gets a chance to do this pattern at some point. Thank you Kim for this pattern

That's a cool story Kim! How funny that's how it came into being! I bought your pattern book just so I would have that pattern in a book. I started it when it was published in the magazine but I was really excited to see it in the actual book with the other wonderful patterns!

Yep! If it hadn't been for me being thirsty at that very moment, we might never have had a Sweetheart Ripple afghan. :D

That's a cool story Kim! How funny that's how it came into being! I bought your pattern book just so I would have that pattern in a book. I started it when it was published in the magazine but I was really excited to see it in the actual book with the other wonderful patterns!

I created the stitch patterns for the five afghans all at the same time. I was going for a really contemporary look. Sort of trying to give the traditional ripple a face lift.

I had been working on the swatches like mad, creating all kinds of stitch patterns, with bucket fulls of yarn on the couch. :lol When I got up to get myself a soda and returned, the hearts just glared at me. I had no idea there were hearts there. I almost squealed with delight. Too funny!

By accident? Wow. That's very cool!! It seems that where ever I go on the web someone has made it. I'm gonna have to give it a try someday. I have the pattern and I've had my eye on it for quite some time. I usually don't make afghans very often but that is one design I could see myself crocheting up for the back of my couch.

Archived