Crocheting during a movie?

I always take something to crochet or knit to the movies(or anywhere else). There are movies that my dh wants to see and I don't want to see them, so I will take something fairly easy--hat or dishcloth. One movie I knit a dishrag(knitting is much easier for me than to try to find the stitches in crochet). I have bought myself a few of those "lighted" crochet hooks........for me........they work marvelous!! Dh and I tend to sit more in the back at the movies, so if I do decide to crochet with my lighted hook, I know I'm not bothering anyone(well not yet anyway). If DH and I know that a certain movie is going to be "popular', we go early to get good seats, I take my crochet/knitting and he takes his puzzle book!! :hook

I too am one of those who like to be doing something with my hands when i am sitting, although I would never take my crocheting to a theater, because if I have to pay that much to go (the ticket, a baby sitter for my 3 kids, munchies etc) my FULL attention is gonna be on that movie.

Though I have to aggree that seeing someone doing knitting or crocheting might be distracting durning a movie, but if you made sure you where not sitting too close to people and didn't use a lighted hook etc, i might be ok . . . There is one lady who crochets in church and I find that very distracting haha, maybe because i want to go see what she is doing, instead of paying attention to the preacher?? :D

I hate paying $10 for a movie ticket in the first place, so I rarely go to the movies, let alone crochet through one. It's the same reason why I don't go to Stitch and Pitch nights at the ballpark (I live really close to St. Louis, and I'm a HUGE Cards fan). I couldn't spend $50+ on a ticket and then not focus on watching the game.

I also crochet at movies, then break when it is too dark to see. I also try to sit close to a light source, either the screen or stairs when possible to help me. It eliminates the need for other lighting.

Best of luck, and have fun!

I've crocheted during the adult education part of my church services. There are at least four of us who do. Okay, so one is a knitter. I think a theater is just fine. (I have to be looking at my crocheting almost all the time, so I couldn't do it there.)

I think the lighted hook would bug me I'd be looking around wondering where the light is coming from But other than that if you can see in the dim or dark why not :lol I have to look at my work when I crochet and I like to watch the movie so it wouldn't work for me.

Archived