Slippers Time!

boksie

It's that time of the year that I turn into a slipper maker. I get so many requests for these that I make quite a few pairs and give them for Christmas presents and try to keep a few extra pairs around for the unanticipated need for a gift. I have the picture posted on my blog. Thanks for looking!:crocheting

Sharon wow they are awesome and look so nice and warm...which pattern do you use??

Do you make them with worsted weight yarns or cotton ww ??

Do you do single strand or double strands?

Please let me know

hugs

Lillibet

Sharon wow they are awesome and look so nice and warm...which pattern do you use??

Do you make them with worsted weight yarns or cotton ww ??

Do you do single strand or double strands?

Please let me know

hugs

Lillibet

The pattern I use is a free one online. You can find the link for it on my blog. I edited the posting to include link. For some reason the link won't post here and the site seems to be reputable so I don't know what the problem is. :grumpy

I use double strands of acrylic ww yarn. I never thought about making them out of cotton. Hmmm, wonder how that would be? These slippers are very easy to make and they make a great "purse project."

Thank you sooo much Sharon for the posting of the link over at your blog.

Your slippers look so pretty I will try a pair tonight as i sit and relaz I got to make so many christmas gifts and with therapy and all I'm soooo backed up...

Please do keep postig for us all the pretty slippers when you make them..

It will give us inspiration to create more and more..

hugs

Lillibet

Thank you sooo much Sharon for the posting of the link over at your blog.

Your slippers look so pretty I will try a pair tonight as i sit and relaz I got to make so many christmas gifts and with therapy and all I'm soooo backed up...

Please do keep postig for us all the pretty slippers when you make them..

It will give us inspiration to create more and more..

hugs

Lillibet

I have a pair ready to have the ends woven in and the backs sewed up. Should take all of 10 minutes. I'll get right on it so that I can post them soon. Good luck with yours. These are so much fun blending different colored strands together to get interesting looks. I'm off to do the finish work!

Thanks for your words of encoruagement.. I will be lloking forward to seeing your others you going to post...

I plan on making my first pair with magic yarn ball and will add a solid color to see what happens..

hugs

Lillibet

You and I are so like-minded! I've been making slippers for a couple of weeks now. I love to knit as well, so that's what I've been making. I will put a pair in a decorative bag with candy, perfume, and lipgloss for my nieces for Christmas. Fun!

Now Lisa thats a great idea...

I will try that this year but not for family members they dont appreciate anything i make I will make for special people who know how to appreciate our hand made gifts..

Please show us your photos too when you can .

Hugs

Lillbiet

You and I are so like-minded! I've been making slippers for a couple of weeks now. I love to knit as well, so that's what I've been making. I will put a pair in a decorative bag with candy, perfume, and lipgloss for my nieces for Christmas. Fun!

Hello Sharon and others:

Well i was so excited to get started on these slippers today and guess what?

Yeap dumb me have gotten stuck after where it say chain 11

Can some one please explain the what happens after row 11 I dont see where the heel part will begin.. I bet its common sense the directions and I must not have any..

If any one got a photo of the slippers done with out sewing the back part please post it maybe i can see what i dont understand ...

I would appreciate any help...

thanks

Lillibet

That sounds like a good idea! I never thought of stuffing them with other little gifts. Hmmm, I'm getting ideas now!

Hello Sharon and others:

Well i was so excited to get started on these slippers today and guess what?

Yeap dumb me have gotten stuck after where it say chain 11

Can some one please explain the what happens after row 11 I dont see where the heel part will begin.. I bet its common sense the directions and I must not have any..

If any one got a photo of the slippers done with out sewing the back part please post it maybe i can see what i dont understand ...

I would appreciate any help...

thanks

Lillibet

I'm working on a slipper now and I'll post some pics. For the heel there isn't any "fashioning of heels" like in socks but rather the decrease stitches will form them. I pm'd you too and I'll hurry up with this slipper and get the pics posted tonight. I'll probably post pics on my blog but I'll send you the link and it's also in my signature here. :hug

Dear Sharon:

You are a real angel... I want you to know that just by explaining thngs to me last night I went back and I fugured the slipper out and i was able to complete it that one will be my sample and i even began a pair last night where with in one hour i had that first slipper to the pair done today i will finish the second and whala i will have a pair..

I thank you so much for the photos and explanation on your blog..

I too taught that the chain 11 thing was going to be the heel that was what threw me off..

thank you thank you thank you

hugs

Lillibet

Dear Sharon:

You are a real angel... I want you to know that just by explaining thngs to me last night I went back and I fugured the slipper out and i was able to complete it that one will be my sample and i even began a pair last night where with in one hour i had that first slipper to the pair done today i will finish the second and whala i will have a pair..

I thank you so much for the photos and explanation on your blog..

I too taught that the chain 11 thing was going to be the heel that was what threw me off..

thank you thank you thank you

hugs

Lillibet

You're very welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing yours. Different color combinations change the looks a bunch so every pair is unique!

That is my favorite pattern because it can be used for men or women. Do you remember the verigated color yarn you used? Its very pretty. I want to use it for a pair for myself.

I used one strand of redheart strata--the color is called cascade, and one strand of caron off-white. I had the redheart in my stash for a couple years so I don't know if that color is still carried in stores. Good luck!

That is my favorite slipper pattern. I used to make them for my mother. She loved how warm they kept her feet. It was a pleasure to make them for someone who used and loved them.

That is my favorite slipper pattern. I used to make them for my mother. She loved how warm they kept her feet. It was a pleasure to make them for someone who used and loved them.

It's my favorite too. I like it because you don't have to sew soles to the slipper and for most, it's a one-size-fits-all although for a few people I've had to up-size a little because of feet that swell. I've been making these off and on since maybe the late 70s. Also love these because they're very warm with the double strands of ww yarn. :manyheart

Archived