34 members have voted

1. 1. What hurt you while crocheting?

• The hook?
    • The yarn?
    • The pattern?
    • The yarn needle?
    • Something after your crochet items?
    • other?

My left thumb muscle will cramp bad. Have you ever tried rubbing Voltaren creme on your hands? I used it for muscle pain in my arm and it really helped. It is an inflamatory.

I do amigurumi too and sometimes have to crochet real tight. I am lucky I didn't hurt myself a couple of times! I have broke 4 Aldi hooks doing it too. I don't use them anymore because they break on me. I have been thinking of using one of those gloves. Do you think they would help?

I've never tried Voltaren. Will have to look for it.

I'm also thinking about getting the gloves. I know having something tight around my hands will help with the pain as I work.

Im with some of ya, I have arthritis in my joints in my hands, and was just diagnosed with carpel tunnel in both hands about a month ago. Hate the braces, as Im a cna and they get in the way and get dirty fast. My finacee tells me I'm a walking ball of pain. From head to toe and I'm only 39. But back to the subject my thumbs cramp up and my wrist start hurting expecially with tiny hooks. As for the rotary cutter I 'm not alowed near it. It attacks me and I don't feel it till its over. LOL

I cant vote in the poll, BUT crocheting patterns usually cause me MENTAL pain lol!!!

Sometimes i get a start of a callous on my finger, and when i use the tiny hooks the poking gets aggravating.

NOW SEWING is another story :lol

I hurt my shoulders, badly, crocheting. I actually damaged both discs or whatever. I needed to make my aunt something for her birthday last June. See, my cousin's birthday is the day before hers and we were planning this big Vegas trip. In all the commotion I forgot about Aunty until the day before I was supposed to be there. I found a kermit pattern, bought the yarn, and set in the night before...going as fast as possible. I still had a ton left the next day, but I had HOURS on the planes. I guess I sat sort of hunched with both shoulders pulled in, working away, for hours. Cramped seats will do that... So a couple days later I was in SERIOUS pain. I couldn't lift my arms. ?? After a month (not a fan of going to the doctor) I couldn't take it any more and went to see them. They sent me to Physical Therapy where he said I was the first crochet injury he's ever seen. After MONTHS of PT, my shoulders are doing well. And now when I start to feel a twinge I stop and stretch. I also try to make sure I'm not pulling in my shoulders because that, and the repetitive motion, is what caused it!! LOL

well i did it again.....

hurt myself that is.

while its not directly connected to crochet it involves a crochet "necessity"

i was on amazon and had ordered this magnifying light visor thingy. got it today opened the box just fine and wouldnt you know it the dern thing DIDNT come with batteries :angry youd THINK after paying 20.00 it would have batteries but NOOOOO :angry

ok so i try to open the battery compartment and happen to look at the instructions......(a case of try first read later) when i see it says take a sharp instrument and pry lid of compartment open (ok not exact words but...) so anyway i see my eyeglass screwdrivers sitting nearby.

stupid me grabs one and attemps to pry the dern thing open. visor in left hand screwdriver in right hand .... i push and the screwdriver slips.....RIGHT UNDER MY LEFT THUMBNAIL! GAH! its hurting like crazy but im thankful i can still crochet AND that i didnt hurt my dominant hand!!! :cheer:clap:crocheting

Archived