Oy What did I get myself into

So I got this order to make 20 pumpkins from one of my patterns. Good right Well I didn't think about how many arms/legs I'd have to make. 80 arms/legs and you'd think as small as they are it wouldn't take much time. Wrong because they're so small they're not easy to make.My fingers are raw and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed :lol I have 5 pumpkins done they go pretty fast :) But I still have 15 pumpkins, 41 arms/legs, 20 little pink cheeks & 20 leaves.The customer asked to receive them by October 5th but I said I can't commit to that :lol Thank God I gave myself 3 weeks.

Yes, if you live, eat and sleep pumpkins, arms, legs, cheeks and leaves, you will ABSOLUTELY make it on time. I hope the customer paid you something ahead.

I could make some parts for you, but I'm in NY State and I'd be afraid the mail delivery would not be on time.

Thanks Ladies :) Real Deal that's really sweet of you ;) I wouldn't feel right asking for anyones help anyway.

I did get paid up front this was an Etsy thing. I would never do it without payment up front I've had far too many people just not pay. Though I'm thinking what I made it not nearly enough not even close considering I'm working on it nonstop almost :lol Ah well live and learn huh

Thanks Ladies :) Real Deal that's really sweet of you ;) I wouldn't feel right asking for anyones help anyway.

I did get paid up front this was an Etsy thing. I would never do it without payment up front I've had far too many people just not pay. Though I'm thinking what I made it not nearly enough not even close considering I'm working on it nonstop almost :lol Ah well live and learn huh

Everything you said in both your messages is the reason I just don't do this type of thing any more.

I did once and it caused me to hate doing the craft I was doing at the time. So, if I decide that I want to make exta money with my crafts, I'll do it for craft fairs or Trade Day that happens only once a week, or something like that.

You need to try to think of something else other than how many pink cheeks, arms, etc. you have to do, use some soothing hand cream on your hands, and when you are all finished, take a hot, soaking bath with your favorite scented oil, burn candles and drink a very LARGE glass of wine :hook

:hug

I would hate that! I love designing and creating new things but having to repeat the same thing over and over drives me loopy (ok, loopyer!!!)

Best of luck.

I feel your pain (in your hands). I used to do special orders for people when I was selling crochet things. Alot of times I wasn't in the mood to do what they wanted, but I did and had to keep myself going by telling myself "this too shall pass".

You will feel so good when you are finished.

Marcia

Well I'm not feeling bored :lol I will be thrilled when I'm done with the legs though :lol

We're going to the Cowboys/Texans game tomorrow so no legs will get done then.

I'm hoping to have the legs done by Tuesday sometime then I can work on everything else.

I feel for you....lol - and this is one of the reasons I don't do granny squares - I absolutely hate making a ton of the same thing (as I say that I am working on 2 granny square blankets - lol)....I attempted to make more than one stuffed rabbit - again - the first one was the last one - I'm just not into repetition.

You have some absolutely adorable critters - that squirrel is super cute! Have any hedgehogs?

Oh man I totally feel your pain. I'm currently making 60 small pouches. They only take about an hour each, but having a deadline and doing the same thing over and over and over again is getting very annoying. I make it a little less boring by making sure I do a little of something else every few days as well just to break it up a bit. I do know that after this I won't be making anything to a deadline because it just takes all the enjoyment out of it.

Good luck getting through it.

Archived