red heart shimmer

dottie

I am using it for an afghan. I like it and it is working out well. It is surprisingly soft even with the shimmer strand in it. Also, when I bought it a few skeins were frayed, so check it over first. I haven't had any issues with breaking, separating or fraying while I have been working with it.

Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn has also come out with shimmer now....some really pretty colors! I bought a raspberry color but haven't started anything yet.

Hi Kittyloverdeb...is this the same as their "sparkle" or something new? I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday and found three new colors (for me at least) in the sparkle line, Royal Blue, Peacock and Mulberry, all have the silver thread.

I'm glad everyone likes the RedHeart Shimmer, I have some but haven't tried it yet.

Also picked up some of the Caron Simply Soft "Party" yarn while it was on sale at JoAnns, haven't tried it yet either.

Hi Kittyloverdeb...is this the same as their "sparkle" or something new? I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday and found three new colors (for me at least) in the sparkle line, Royal Blue, Peacock and Mulberry, all have the silver thread.

I'm glad everyone likes the RedHeart Shimmer, I have some but haven't tried it yet.

Also picked up some of the Caron Simply Soft "Party" yarn while it was on sale at JoAnns, haven't tried it yet either.

Yes, that's what it is. My Hobby Lobby had it in just about every solid color they have but with the silver thread in it.

What is Simply Soft Party? Never heard of that one.

Yes, that's what it is. My Hobby Lobby had it in just about every solid color they have but with the silver thread in it.

What is Simply Soft Party? Never heard of that one.

My Hobby Lobby didn't have that many colors of the ILTY sparkle...I am hoping when they re-stock I will see more because I would love to find some of the pastel colors in sparkle, pink would be nice.

The Simply Soft Party has a sparkle thread wound in and the sparkle color is the same as the yarn color, it's very pretty. Comes in 3 oz./164 yards. There aren't too many colors, maybe 6? I would have to check their website. JoAnn's was out of the purple so I haven't seen it in person. I've only found it at JoAnns.

I also like Lion Brand wool-ease worsted weight in white/multi, it has an iridescent thread through it and I love working with it.

One other sparkle yarn I found at Hobby Lobby is called "Stella" and says "Tamm" along the top and bottom of label. I do like it, made a little ami-octopus out of the lilac color and it turned out really cute. The sparkle color matches the yarn color with this yarn also.

I am such a sucker for all the glittery yarns!

I am fixing to head to hobby lobby today to see if the "new" sparkle colors are around here yet. they do have a new lt pink out called pinky toes its called ILTY Metallic but has the same silver thread in it like the sparkle does

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=143895

I just came from hobby lobby they have some pretty colors out in the sparkle yarn I saw peacock royal blue, razzleberry and green even and they had the pink and the normal colors white black red I didn't come home with any today but at least I got to "pet" it :)

I saw a few too. My main decision making point is the washing instructions with 3 DD, 3 cats, and klutzy parents we need something easy to wash. Some were handwash- wish I could remember which one, but the Red Heart is machine washable. Oh how I love that!!!

I will have to hunt down the Hobby Lobby and check it out. I have been loving Joann's, although I bought my Shimmer from Michael's (had a coupon)

I am fixing to head to hobby lobby today to see if the "new" sparkle colors are around here yet. they do have a new lt pink out called pinky toes its called ILTY Metallic but has the same silver thread in it like the sparkle does

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=143895

Went to Hobby Lobby the end of last week and did find the Pink color w/silver thread, also a grape color w/silver thread. Both very pretty. They had an odd yellow color and I couldn't decide if I liked it or not so I picked up one skein to try it on something. I'm hoping to see a light blue and a lavender in the future!

Archived