Hook Cases

Hello.

First, I would like to thank everyone who has ever given me advice over the past howevermany years I've belonged to this forum.:cheer

Now it appears that I need more advice about hook cases and holders. Presently my hooks are in a hook holder that I crocheted myself and it works great except that when some people see it unrolled, they think it is part of whatever I am working on at the moment. Also, it takes up a lot of room in my pocketbook.

Would it be a good idea to carry my hooks in a makeup bag?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

:2rain Ha! I wish.

I have a couple of crocheted hook holders, too, but I prefer to keep my hooks in a really cool paisley makeup bag that I bought on clearance at Walmart for 1.00 a couple of years ago.

This time of year, there are lots of cute pencil cases on sale, too. I plan on getting one of those see-thru ones (the kind you put in a 3-ring notebook) just to have something different.

I just like accessories! :lol

I carry my hooks in a hard plastic bright pink eyeglasses case. If I don't put in too many hooks, there is room for a small pair of scissors, some stitch markers and a couple tapestry needles. It's the kind of case where one end comes off, but the kind with a hinge would work too. When the hinge on the case I use for my glasses broke, I crocheted a case for it to keep it closed. It slides on like a little pillowcase.

This time of year, there are lots of cute pencil cases on sale, too. I plan on getting one of those see-thru ones (the kind you put in a 3-ring notebook) just to have something different.

I just like accessories! :lol

Don't you just LOVE Back-To-School time!? :manyheart

My "current" favorite brand hooks are Clover and I keep a whole set of them plus a small pair of scissors in a pretty fabric covered eyeglass case. The heavy duty case that has the spring type hinges is great for storage and durability in my crochet bag. I got this one at the eye doctors office but I have seen a few pretty ones at Walmart also.

I have this unattractive boxy looking thing I got at a tool store. It is about the size of a large calculator. It ought to go! I have a couple of zippered pencil cases I bought for hooks. I really don't carry any hooks except the one for my current project though.

I keep all my crochet notions and extra hooks in a small tackle box. It only cost $5. at WM.

The hooks and accessories for my current project(s) I keep in a hardshell glasses case. Several hooks (mostly clover soft touch), stitch markers, pen, folding scissors all fit in neatly. It amazes me how much I can cram in and it still closes.

I have a cosmetic bag that I received from a department store when I bought $25 worth of Clinique makeup. It's a nice, bright pink and I really like it. The hooks, and other things fit so nice in this bag.

:manyheart

Archived