Very Basic Shawl

nanahari

This is a quick and easy shawl. It can be made with all types of yarn, thread, you name it depending on what you want it for. Hook size is also not important. You just keep on adding. I've made this for kids and adults. It doesn't take long at all.

post-40194-135897551542_thumb.jpg

I had to sit and work a swatch and write down this thing. :lol I've never really thought about it. So, I hope you can follow this:

With any yarn, any hook, and you can make it any size, just keep going till you get your desired length.

Ch 3, 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, ch 2, 3 dc in same ch. Ch 2 turn.

2 dc in first dc, ch 2. 3 dc in ch 2 sp, ch 2, 3 dc in same sp(this will become the point), ch 2, 3 dc in top of ch 2. Ch 2 turn.

2 dc in first dc, ch 2, 3 dc in ch 2 sp, ch 2, 3 dc in next ch 2 sp, ch 2, 3 dc in same sp, ch 2, 3 dc in next ch 2 sp, ch 2, 3 dc in last ch 2.

Just keep continuing this pattern until you get the shawl as long as you want it. I usually go around after with a basic scallop, then add fringe. You can do so many different things with this pattern, it's up to you!

Have fun and enjoy and I'm glad that I can share my work with everyone. That one I made is a really light lavender and I wear it with a long black dress that has large flowers on it. It's really pretty.

I have just begun to crochet wearables and have been looking for a easy shawl to make!! Yours is just the kind that I wanted: easy and lovely!! so thank you for sharing the pattern. :hug

Archived