Crochet World Digital Edition

Lynn

Does anyone subscribe to Crochet World Digital? I keep getting offers to subscribe for a year for $14.97 and I will get 2 years of back issues too! How do you like the Crochet World digital editions? I'm thinking I may try this!

Thanks! I did sign up and thought thats what I would do - download them all so I'd have them to go through at leisure

I went through them all today and marked down what I want to print out. I have 3 pages! lol

Love the crochet magazines on digital, wish all mags could be digital especially the cooking ones or mags with notoriously good recipes. They would get a lot more subscription money out of me if I could download and save.

I was wondering if anyone has changed a paper subscription over to digital. I'm very torn as what to do. I can't look at a digital copy while taking a bubble bath or sitting on the deck as I do not have a lap top. there is still some thing to be said about curling up with a good book or magazine.

I have a CW digital subscription and I think it's much better to have it this way vs. paper. All of my crocheting at home is done in front of my computer. I have a 22" flat monitor, which is pretty large. It's SO nice to be able to blow the pages up - and they don't even distort! I generally blow up to about 300% and the copy still remains crystal clear. I wish that all magazine subscriptions came this way (hello Crochet Today Magazine... I hope that someone from your company is reading this....) If I need to print out a pattern, it's easy to just print out only the pages that are needed. In case you didn't notice, you can go to the beginning of the magazine where all of the patterns are listed and just click on the name of the pattern and it will direct you right to the correct page. And if you see a notation at the bottom of the page that says the pattern is contined on another page that's far into the magazine, just click it and it directs you to the correct page. I REALLY lilke that feature!

gumby28,

I've lost paper copies of magazines that I've treasured! I've learned my lesson the hard way... Now, if I happen to like a particular issue, I take the time scan it & put it away. Sometimes there may be only 1 pattern in a magazine that sparks my interest and sometimes I want to save the entire magazine. I generally save each scan as a simple JPEG file and as soon as I get the pattern archived, I put the magazine away in a box for safe keeping. If I want to scan an entire magazine, I take all of the scanned pages and create one single PDF file. You will need a program (such as Adobe Acrobat, not just Acrobat Reader) to do this.

Are you wondering why I keep the paper magazines after making digital copies of them?? Well, if something were to happen to my back up hard drive, then I would lose those patterns. The paper mags are my 2nd emergency back up :) The only un-fortunate thing about buying a digital subscription is that I don't get to have that paper copy to put away. I just hope that my external hard drive never crashes. Overall, I still like being able to buy the digital version.

I never give any copies of my digital files. They are for my eyes only! When I make the scan, I'm always careful that I don't accidentally slice off the bottom portion of the page because it is of importance to me. That part of the page most always has the year/month and page number on it. Keeping that part of the page lets me easily find the magazine that the pattern came from if I ever had to refer back to it.

Bob

• 2 months later...

LOVE my digital subscriptions and especially love the added bonus of being able to use the "search" feature to find patterns in 3 years worth of magazines!

But I am also with you on liking to HOLD a magazine once in awhile. So, I do have Crochet Today by mail. That way I still have one that I can put my hands on, take with me, and take care of any old-fashioned craving I might have ;)

Archived