Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Oh no I needed new drawers quite a while back. Told BD droopy drawers were NOT an option. I could wear kinda baggy clothes but new underpants were a MUST! :lol :lol

I've been having a frustrating morning :irk JoAnn is having a one day only free shipping on any order sale and it's slow going indeed :( Too many people on I do believe. I have broadband. Makes me feel really sorry for folks trying to shop with dial up. Oh well gonna keep trying :D

If the free shipping is all day...find out their time zone and shop late...

Just a thought.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the free shipping is all day...find out their time zone and shop late...

Just a thought.

Well now you think of that :lol:hug Finally used BDs high speed racing puter and had fewer problems. All that for $23 worth of stuff :lol The things we go through to get cheap yarn :lol

Cara, I saw that! I'm avoiding shopping there right now though, I don't have room for any more yarn :lol I am planning on going to my local store after work though. I decided I want some evergreen garland, another poinsetta garland and some scented pinecones for decoration. Maybe that's why I can't seem to concentrate on work today. I keep thinking about decorations.

Well now you think of that :lol:hug Finally used BDs high speed racing puter and had fewer problems. All that for $23 worth of stuff :lol The things we go through to get cheap yarn :lol

Anything for yarn:manyheart

BTW: if any of you have children who aren't geared for college...have them become a plumber:P He left and SDR is starting to get nervous, asking me to slow down with the service calls:rolleyes...this guy wasn't the first plumber to comment on how strange the plumbing is in this house. He even had to make a run to the store to get another part.

We live in a Levit house -made circa 1964 - and to keep the cost low the builders were...ahem...creative. Like I can't run my dishwasher and clothes washer at the same time because they share the same drain under the kitchen sink:blink

BTW: if any of you have children who aren't geared for college...have them become a plumber:P He left and SDR is starting to get nervous, asking me to slow down with the service calls:rolleyes...this guy wasn't the first plumber to comment on how strange the plumbing is in this house. He even had to make a run to the store to get another part.

We live in a Levit house -made circa 1964 - and to keep the cost low the builders were...ahem...creative. Like I can't run my dishwasher and clothes washer at the same time because they share the same drain under the kitchen sink:blink

Oh that's definitely...creative :P Yes, I want my kids to become plumbers if the doctor thing doesn't work out. For an hour and a half worth of work the other week they charged us $1,376!! :eek And that was the best estimate of the three I got :irk

Oh that's definitely...creative :P Yes, I want my kids to become plumbers if the doctor thing doesn't work out. For an hour and a half worth of work the other week they charged us $1,376!! :eek And that was the best estimate of the three I got :irk

For the new A/C? They are not cheap...that's only a little less than what we paid for ours about 10 years ago. You know, Cara - stuff isn't cheap up here....

Okay - back to the Homespun RR...I'm running out of yarn - that means I'm almost finished, I hope! Have to see what size it ends up being. My friend's DD is only a little taller than I am....and it's only supposed to be a throw....

Oh, yeah. Plumbers, Electricians, and almost any kind of repair people make really good money if the bills are anything to go by. Anything that involves a house call seems to automatically cost big time.

I hit a snag with the Christmas stocking. :oops I started the squares with the white that I had on hand, but it doesn't match the white that I bought. :ohdear It didn't show up when I was sewing them together by lamp light last night, but it's very obvious in the daylight today. Sigh! :sigh I just took out the offending squares and will have to make replacements out to the new yarn. :thumbdown At least I didn't wreck any of the squares when going back to separate them. :tup I'll be able to use them on another stocking all made with that color white. Who'd have thought there was that much difference between white and soft white.

Who'd have thought there was that much difference between white and soft white.

I almost did that, too - have totes in the garage and pulled out a skien of what I thought was white...till I lay it next to the real white:blush

Happy December :wreath

It sure sounds as though everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Some fun shopping bargains and all! We spent 4 days with my parents, ate a turkey dinner with my in-laws on Thursday, and I was able to catch up with one of my elementary school friends over a long lunch. Nice and relaxing! I had the majority of my Christmas shopping done, so I did not get real excited about the Black Friday ads. DH and I did go shopping for a couple of hours, but we bought exciting items like batteries, windshield wiper blades, and a new 8qt stock pot (desperately needed, not a gift :P). I did a small bit of crocheting, so I have 75 solids to report, please. I also finished one of the baby jackets I am making for my mom's co-worker; one to go.

I am off to heat up leftovers. Mmmmm, I just love the menu this week :lol

Sounds like you had a great weekend, Dusti.

With a little bit of luck the stocking will be finished up tomorrow and can make its debut then. :lol I've given up on it for tonight.

:flakeWe've had snow flurries off and on all day here. :flake Too light and too warm for it to stick or anything, but cold! :wbrr Brrrrr!!!!! I moved the Lady of the Lotus from the guest bedroom onto the bed in the master bedroom. That should help keep Kim and I warm. :D

Good Morning, all. Today is my day to start decorating for Christmas. DH leaves town tomorrow and I need his help with a couple things before he goes. :D

Dusti ~ Wow! Good for you for making another 75 squares. :cheer It sounds like you had a really nice Thanksgiving. :yes

Linda ~ I hate it when whites don't match! Looking forward to seeing the stocking. :hook

Off to laundry and decorations. I'm sure Zoe can't wait to help me. :lol Have a wonderful morning. :manyheart

morning everyone! I got another stripe sewed up last night just gotta attach it to the blanket...still not sure about the last two stripes for size but its looking like lil saltines are in order. Off to the doctor...in the fun snoe =( then off to get new tags and a DL, then I gotta get some groceries! YIKES! Did I forget to mention im 37 1/2 weeks pregnant????? LOL

Mary - Good morning :hug Have tons of fun decorating and fending off Zoe :lol

Erin - Be careful out there :hug

Yes, I'm actually awake. Have been since 4:18. Had to get up to go to the bathroom. Then Tuon insisted on a snack :cat and BD started snoring :irk So I'm up for a bit. Actually, I think he quit snoring and Tuon seemed satisfied with the 8 little pieces of kibble she got fed so I might try going back to bed :sleep

Morning, all. I think was really generous and gave me her cold. I didn't feel the best yesterday and today my head is all plugged up. Yuck! I have to get us out to vote, take overdue library books back, pick up prescriptions, etc. later today after it warms up a bit. It's already warmer than yesterday. Thank goodness.

Hang in there, Erin. While you're out try driving on a bumpy road. Sometimes that will start things in motion. Or so I've been told. :lol :lol :lol

Well I made it from point a to b to c to d to e and then to f! :clap:clap:clap

Doctors went easy...just a centimeter dilated, which I wasn't expecting anything, and 1cm means didly. No other progress there. She felt little mans head, so thats a plus!! however hes been a bit fussy since :( I don't think I'll have her check next week at all unless hubby insists. Way I figure, he will go up til his due date if not later and that it all will happen when it happens. SSofS wasn't even that bad, and the didn't charge me to change my DL because they claimed it was their error, even though it took me more than a year to get in there and change HAHA! :lol:lol

I spent too much time in the Meijer today though. That's what happens when hubby can't help me shop. He did however start to get worried when he hadn't heard from me in a while...glad to know hes got that on his mind :manyheart now I must unpack all the food...and eat! :D

Glad all went well and you're back home safe and sound.

Have finished hiding all the tails for the stocking, so just have to assemble and finish now. Kim's fiesty this morning, which means she's feeling better. A good sign. :lol :lol :lol

Hi, Cara. Yup. It's good indeed to see her perky again. She was leaning on one elbow peaking at me as I staggered out of bed to turn off the alarm clock this morning.

I just finished the stocking with the exception of the loop for hanging. I'm pleased with it. Will get a picture after running our errands.

Erin, it's great news that baby and mom are doing well. :c9 I hope you get some crochet time in today!

Oh Linda, I hope you're not getting a cold. :hug We'll keep our fingers crossed that it's not. :yes

Hi Cara!

We never do a lot of decorating for Christmas, but I do like lots of greenery and little lights. Yes, Zoe was thrilled to help me put some lights on the garland. The rest I did in the garage. :lol

And I forgot to mention crocheting :blush...I have about 60 more squares to make and join for the IC. :cheer It's joined into strips of 5 blocks each and those need to be joined, too. Slow, but steady. :hook

Cara, are you about finished with Becky's Blocks? :crocheting

We never do a lot of decorating for Christmas, but I do like lots of greenery and little lights. Yes, Zoe was thrilled to help me put some lights on the garland. The rest I did in the garage. :lol

Smart move :lol

Cara, are you about finished with Becky's Blocks? :crocheting

Yes I did. Didn't I say that in here? :think I get confused easily :P I'll take a photo tomorrow but of course it looks exactly like the one already on the site :lol Hope I can get a nicer photo this time.

Been working on the GT in green all day for yet another contest entry. They really shouldn't have said that you can enter as often as you like :lol

Archived