Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Night Mary!

I'm following Krystal's lead (pretty sure it was her :lol ) and doing a scrap double IC. This one will be a lapghan for Sissie's seniors, provided I can get it done quickly :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NCIS (8pm)and Law and Order SVU (10pm) :yay And inbetween is the new show Fringe. I think I'll tape SVU and watch it later. 11pm is way past my bedtime :P

Tomorrow night is Bones (not premier but a new show), Criminal Minds and one of the CSIs I think

Thursday is Survivor and the other CSI and probaby something else I'm forgetting about...

I wonder when we are going to get Survivor here, I love Criminal Minds and CSI shows.

Hi Ladies. Last Friday they delivered my new washing machine. This morning it made a loud "clunk" sound and then wouldn't go into the spin cycle. Lowe's is bringing a new washer tomorrow. Hopefully, that is all my venting for today. :lol

Now it's time for stress relief with my hook. :)

Mary thats a pain isnt it. I hope the next one they bring works ok.

I'm stuck working until midnight, I'm going to be recording Fringe since I caught the gist only last week thanks to calls. So I'll record it and watch it tomorrow if I can't catch it tonight. I'm hoping for Ugly Betty soon too.

Whats this new show Fringa about.

Night Mary!

I'm following Krystal's lead (pretty sure it was her :lol ) and doing a scrap double IC. This one will be a lapghan for Sissie's seniors, provided I can get it done quickly :D

Priszm that sounds like a great idea, I know Krystals looks really good and its a great way to get rid of scrap yarn.

Whats this new show Fringa about.

Priszm that sounds like a great idea, I know Krystals looks really good and its a great way to get rid of scrap yarn.

Fringe is kinda a new take on X Files. Main female character got recruited to work for a different division of the FBI, they track down issues that occur due to Fringe Science. In the first episode, she was put into a metal tank in water and given LSD so that her brainwaves could sync to her comatose partners and they could share information. Tonights ep had a guy who was somehow picking up/intercepting calls between cell phones. So he could kinda evesdrop on bad guys plans. :lol

Morning ladies :yawn

Up early again today. One more estimate today. A second estimate on the a/c. Just to be sure and see what the other company offers. I really hope this is the end of it. I would really, really, REALLY like to sleep til my normal time the rest of the week. :yes

Upside though? I got two more blocks done on my untouched since Thursday IC :yay Only one more pattern block to go which I'll, hopefully, get done today. Then a sea of side squares to turn it into a bedspread.

Hi ladies. Happy Wednesday! I'm just waiting on Lowe's to call and tell me when my washer will be here...they said they'd call by 9. :think

Cara~Yay for being so close to finishing your IC!

TV last night was good :yay I did up 30 solids and attached quite a few. I should have this baby nine patch done by the end of the week to post a picture.

Karen ~ Great progress. :hook

Hi ladies. Happy Wednesday! I'm just waiting on Lowe's to call and tell me when my washer will be here...they said they'd call by 9. :think

Cara~Yay for being so close to finishing your IC!

Karen ~ Great progress. :hook

:xfin for your washer Mary!

Pretty work ladies!

Well, so much for customer service...I called and my "promised morning delivery" is now between 2 and 5.:( So off to the shower, store and to check on MIL.

Have a good morning, all. :manyheart

How annoying :irk You're much more patient than I :yes

Ladies, I have a question. I have crocheted for many years but have only recently made afghans with granny squares. I have never had a problem with the ends before, lately, they pop out and get fuzzy. What am I doing wrong? They stay nicely weaved in, it's just the tips that stick out. I am getting very frustrated :( I would love to hear any suggestions you all might have.

Ladies, I have a question. I have crocheted for many years but have only recently made afghans with granny squares. I have never had a problem with the ends before, lately, they pop out and get fuzzy. What am I doing wrong? They stay nicely weaved in, it's just the tips that stick out. I am getting very frustrated :( I would love to hear any suggestions you all might have.

What brand of yarn are you using?

Mostly Red Heart. :hug Thank you for the help!

Hmmm, RH usually does well with the tips. Some of the softer yarns are really bad about that. Anyway, the only thing I can recommend is to "tug" the piece where you clip to flatten it out real good. Then clip the yarn.

Any other suggestions ladies? :D

Thanks for the tip. I am glad to know it's not something I'm doing wrong. I am still working on your pattern, Cara. I put it aside awhile ago due to the fuzzy ends. :blush I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, it drives me nuts when I can't fix it.

Me too :yes I spent years finding a method that gets rid of that. Okay, okay I get the occassional fuzzy end but not that often anymore :lol

Me too :yes I spent years finding a method that gets rid of that. Okay, okay I get the occassional fuzzy end but not that often anymore :lol

I admire your persistence. I confess I'm a quitter :blush I did an "Around the World" afghan for my son and didn't do another granny square afghan for over 1 year...got brave tried it again...same problem..tried again 1 year later...I keep coming back because I love the look of the quilted afghan. I don't even mind the sewing, just wish they would stay hidden :lol

Archived