Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Mary so sorry to hear about your Dad, hope he is ok. :hug

Cara I love your poem and Im glad your getting some rain.

Shelly wow you have made heaps of bicolor squares. Cant wait to see your progress. :clap

My Koala now has eyes and a nose.:lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusti,

Do you know where two harbors Mn is?

We used to go there every summer. It was great... Great memories.

We would go and watch the bears at the dump... LOL

WOuld you still happen to have the link for the instructions? or know what post it is?

Cathy

I guess my family wasn't the only ones to do that :lol We used to camp on the Gunflint Trail every couple of years and at night after dinner we would get ice cream and go watch the bears LOL

Here you go, Cathy. Try this link

Here is a great page with basic info. on Irish Chain patterns.

Dusti,

Do you know where two harbors Mn is?

We used to go there every summer. It was great... Great memories.

We would go and watch the bears at the dump... LOL

I sure DO know where Two Harbors is :yes DH and I grew up in Duluth, just about 35 miles south of Two Harbors, along the shore of Lake Superior. SIL's family still lives in Two Harbors. More of those, "It's a small world..." moments, right? It is a beautiful place for camping and playing tourist. How did your family end up there?

Wendy -- Way to go on your koala! It is coming right along. :clap

All of the other Games stitchers...how are you doing?? Go :cheer Go :cheer Go

I sure DO know where Two Harbors is :yes DH and I grew up in Duluth, just about 35 miles south of Two Harbors, along the shore of Lake Superior. SIL's family still lives in Two Harbors. More of those, "It's a small world..." moments, right? It is a beautiful place for camping and playing tourist. How did your family end up there?

I am from the twin cities originally.... parents still live there..

There were 3 houses side by side and I want to say they were green? there was always about 15 of us going at a time. so I want to say we would always get the one in the middle...

I havent been up your way since I was young... we would go to duluth and see the big ships. on the way to ironwood mich. wow I didnt realize how much i miss it.....

Cathy

I guess my family wasn't the only ones to do that :lol We used to camp on the Gunflint Trail every couple of years and at night after dinner we would get ice cream and go watch the bears LOL

Gunflint Trail? not sure about that one.. I forgot about the ice cream...lol keep the windows closed, the bears will come and get it!!!!

:laughroll

Heard on the weather channel...... Waco got bunches of rain in just a short while, Everybody OK?

Cathy

Yep, it was a river in the streets but we didn't have anywhere to go :lol My nephew is here. He works for Sam's Clubs and he's telling a story about their gas kiosk getting hit by lightning or at least a close strike. Thank goodness it seems to be really well grounded and it didn't blow up. Just deafened the poor gas guy and fried his radio and the cash register :eek

Mary so sorry to hear about your Dad, hope he is ok. :hug

Cara I love your poem and Im glad your getting some rain.

Shelly wow you have made heaps of bicolor squares. Cant wait to see your progress. :clap

My Koala now has eyes and a nose.:lol

:clap:woo:dance

Yep, it was a river in the streets but we didn't have anywhere to go :lol My nephew is here. He works for Sam's Clubs and he's telling a story about their gas kiosk getting hit by lightning or at least a close strike. Thank goodness it seems to be really well grounded and it didn't blow up. Just deafened the poor gas guy and fried his radio and the cash register :eek

I would have freaked out... is he ok?

I am here in louisiana, been raining here too, 3 or 4 days now.. kinda gloomy...

Cathy

I am from the twin cities originally.... parents still live there..

There were 3 houses side by side and I want to say they were green? there was always about 15 of us going at a time. so I want to say we would always get the one in the middle...

I havent been up your way since I was young... we would go to duluth and see the big ships. on the way to ironwood mich. wow I didnt realize how much i miss it.....

Cathy

Where in the Twin Cities? I graduated from Fridley and lived in Eagan before moving to FL. As for the Gunflint Trail, it starts in Grand Marais and is sooo pretty! DBF and I were up there for my high school reunion last fall and he wanted to go to Canada. So we took time and made sure we stopped at Gooseberry on the way back :D

Hello Everyone!

I'm starting on the "Penguin Cuddle Quilt" for my daughter to take with her to 5K! She is using an old baby blanket right now, but wanted me to make this one for her. I'm actually going to finish this one! (I think!) :D

I would have freaked out... is he ok?

I am here in louisiana, been raining here too, 3 or 4 days now.. kinda gloomy...

Cathy

Oh yeah he's fine. He's one of the cart boys. They brought them inside for a couple of hours til it passed :yes

Hello Everyone!

I'm starting on the "Penguin Cuddle Quilt" for my daughter to take with her to 5K! She is using an old baby blanket right now, but wanted me to make this one for her. I'm actually going to finish this one! (I think!) :D

Welcome to the group!! :hug

Where in the Twin Cities? I graduated from Fridley and lived in Eagan before moving to FL. As for the Gunflint Trail, it starts in Grand Marais and is sooo pretty! DBF and I were up there for my high school reunion last fall and he wanted to go to Canada. So we took time and made sure we stopped at Gooseberry on the way back :D

I grew up in Cottage Grove east of st. paul about 25 miles or so.. My parents live outside of White Bear Lake.. That is where I graduated High School...

I miss the snow.. I think every kid need to know what it is and how much fun it is!!!! :Dhttp://sofinesjoyfulmoments.com/humor/ilovesnow.htm this is a hilarious story... you might have read it before, but I am sure that it will bring back memories!!!!! :D

Have a good evening,

Cathy

I grew up in Cottage Grove east of st. paul about 25 miles or so.. My parents live outside of White Bear Lake.. That is where I graduated High School...

I miss the snow.. I think every kid need to know what it is and how much fun it is!!!! :Dhttp://sofinesjoyfulmoments.com/humor/ilovesnow.htm this is a hilarious story... you might have read it before, but I am sure that it will bring back memories!!!!! :D

Have a good evening,

Cathy

I never minded the snow so much. Especially the last 2 years when I was in Eagan. I had heated underground parking at my complex. It did make it easy to forget about how could it was when I went from my warm apartment to my warm car :lol And THAT'S what I don't miss, the cold!

I never minded the snow so much. Especially the last 2 years when I was in Eagan. I had heated underground parking at my complex. It did make it easy to forget about how could it was when I went from my warm apartment to my warm car :lol And THAT'S what I don't miss, the cold!

My blood has gotten to thin to be in the cold!!! I havent been up there in lets say 20 + years... I would probably freeze to death. :D It sure is pretty tho, in pictures!!!

Cathy

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the group:hi, you will really enjoy making these cuddle quilts or any of the patterns on Cara's website. Grab a chair, make yourself comfy and be prepared never to leave. :lol The saltine addiction will be too strong. :yes

today August 21 st is my 1 year birthday/ anniversary on Crochetville.... I can't believe I joined a whole year ago it doesn't seem that long at all

Happy 'Villeversary :clap:hug

:welcome Mommy Neel. I have not been here long, but I absolutely adore these patterns and the ladies offering support and encouragement. Wendy's right -- saltines are addicting. :hook

Ohh I like that word! Villaversary :D

I do too! Happy 1-year-here, Shelly :party

It's super breezy, today. I had a 1-pounder skein of yarn sitting outside, yesterday, and the wind blew it clear off of the deck:faintYikes. DH gave me a dowel this morning with my yarn on it, showed me where to poke it next to my seat, and he told me that ought to keep it out of the grass :lol We'll see.

How are all of your projects coming along? Has it been a good week for put-together? You are in the home-stretch now, Games participants. You can do it :cheer:cheer

:welcome Mommy Neel. I have not been here long, but I absolutely adore these patterns and the ladies offering support and encouragement. Wendy's right -- saltines are addicting. :hook

I do too! Happy 1-year-here, Shelly :party

It's super breezy, today. I had a 1-pounder skein of yarn sitting outside, yesterday, and the wind blew it clear off of the deck:faintYikes. DH gave me a dowel this morning with my yarn on it, showed me where to poke it next to my seat, and he told me that ought to keep it out of the grass :lol We'll see.

How are all of your projects coming along? Has it been a good week for put-together? You are in the home-stretch now, Games participants. You can do it :cheer:cheer

I'm back to working on the pink ribbon. And random saltines. I figure I'll put those together in a patchwork lapgahn. 'cause right now I've got lots of bi-colored dark/light green. Just 'cause that's how it's worked out for some of the extra yarns I have.

Hello all. Great job on the people involved in the games...Happy villeversary Shelly.

Just checking in to let ya all know that I have been slowly but surely working away on my Casa. So far I have 392 squares done and attached. This is a fun project to work on!!!

Hello all. Great job on the people involved in the games...Happy villeversary Shelly.

Just checking in to let ya all know that I have been slowly but surely working away on my Casa. So far I have 392 squares done and attached. This is a fun project to work on!!!

:cheer:clapyou're really moving along!!

Archived