Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Anyone plan to start an Irish Chain ghan ?

Yes, I did, and I am having so much fun with it. I bought the yarn Saturday morning, and I have two blocks (25 saltines x 25 saltines) assembled. DH is wondering if there is not too much of the neutral off-white, but I told him to wait until I can put a few more together and watch the pattern emerge. Let's hope I am right on this one :)

Hi Wendy:hi You are making fantastic progress. "Just 90 saltines and the border..." You make it sound so easy;) We'll be looking for pictures, again, you know.

Shelly -- Do you ever have a busy week ahead of you?!? We have the meet-and-greet opportunities with the Pre-school and 1st grade teachers next week. Such an exciting time for the little ones, isn't it? It will be wonderful to have special family portraits -- good bidding on that service. Best of luck finding time to squeeze in some crocheting.

Tracy -- I am SO lucky that my girls like to spend time with my folks and that my parents want to have them for such long periods during the summer. :heart Like you, I rather expected one or the other of the girls would choose to drive home with me, but they had so many plans for their final week of the summer holiday, that they could not be bothered to think about leaving Grandma's house. They are going to another parade, they signed-up for an art class on the shore of Lake Superior, they offered to "help" my great aunt pick cucumbers and tomatoes in her huge garden, and they will talk my dad into making his special popcorn for an evening treat. Always on the go! Whew.. More crocheting time for me, I guess :D I will be sure to let you know if I make any progress ;) Do you like how your Single Irish Chain is coming together? Are you making huge collections of saltines, or are you assembling blocks as you go? Glad you are finally getting a little rain. As long as it is not ruining any of your plans for the day, let it water the flowers and gardens.

Hi, all!! Have a great day :flower

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara, What is the best way to border the DS? I thought I had read you were trying some different ones? Like I told Mary 30 saltines left.. border on. DONE :cheer :cheer :cheer

Best border on the DS is whatever you like really. But what I did was a round of sc, round of hdc, another rnd of sc, another rnd of hdc and then a round of reverse sc.

I have 2 rows left on block 3 then its just 90 saltines on block 4 and the border.:yay

:woo:dance

Yes, I did, and I am having so much fun with it. I bought the yarn Saturday morning, and I have two blocks (25 saltines x 25 saltines) assembled. DH is wondering if there is not too much of the neutral off-white, but I told him to wait until I can put a few more together and watch the pattern emerge. Let's hope I am right on this one :)

Hi Wendy:hi You are making fantastic progress. "Just 90 saltines and the border..." You make it sound so easy;) We'll be looking for pictures, again, you know.

Shelly -- Do you ever have a busy week ahead of you?!? We have the meet-and-greet opportunities with the Pre-school and 1st grade teachers next week. Such an exciting time for the little ones, isn't it? It will be wonderful to have special family portraits -- good bidding on that service. Best of luck finding time to squeeze in some crocheting.

Tracy -- I am SO lucky that my girls like to spend time with my folks and that my parents want to have them for such long periods during the summer. :heart Like you, I rather expected one or the other of the girls would choose to drive home with me, but they had so many plans for their final week of the summer holiday, that they could not be bothered to think about leaving Grandma's house. They are going to another parade, they signed-up for an art class on the shore of Lake Superior, they offered to "help" my great aunt pick cucumbers and tomatoes in her huge garden, and they will talk my dad into making his special popcorn for an evening treat. Always on the go! Whew.. More crocheting time for me, I guess :D I will be sure to let you know if I make any progress ;) Do you like how your Single Irish Chain is coming together? Are you making huge collections of saltines, or are you assembling blocks as you go? Glad you are finally getting a little rain. As long as it is not ruining any of your plans for the day, let it water the flowers and gardens.

Hi, all!! Have a great day :flower

Great progress on your Irish Chain :h5 And that's is so wonderful how your girls love spending time with their grandparents. These are memories that they will cherish the older they get. Some of my fondest memories are of my grandparents :manyheart

Well, I got up late today :blush On a new sleep schedule and one more adjustment to my meds. I foresee much sleeping in my future the next couple of weeks :lol

Dusti, What colors are you using for the irish chain? Did you make your own graph?

:hi Cathy -- I ended up choosing Cape Cod Blue (not quite a deep navy), Azure (lighter, Country Blue) and Off-White. As for designing my own, oh no! I do not have that much talent :P. I went to the explanation link Mary gave us, took the basic Double Irish Chain pattern and am following that -- 25 saltines / block. I think my DH would be happier if the blocks I am making had that cross in the center that the one your link had, as it adds just a little more color, but not this time around. Since I already have two blocks joined, I am not going to go back and swap the colors around. Next time? :think

Hope your day at work went better than last week.

Hi ladies! I actually had to work today :( But, I did do up some random saltines through the day. I have a bunch of small amounts of yarn left that I've been planning on making into squares of some kind for Sissie. Saltines are perfect for the amounts I have bunched up :D I did 11 bi-colored and 1 solid in between work today.

So while I was sad I had to work today, I'm happy I don't have to work tonight! Part time job is centered in St. Petersburg and as a precaution decided to have essential personnel only. Apparently I'm not one of them, so I have a sudden free night!

Hi ladies! I actually had to work today :( But, I did do up some random saltines through the day. I have a bunch of small amounts of yarn left that I've been planning on making into squares of some kind for Sissie. Saltines are perfect for the amounts I have bunched up :D I did 11 bi-colored and 1 solid in between work today.

So while I was sad I had to work today, I'm happy I don't have to work tonight! Part time job is centered in St. Petersburg and as a precaution decided to have essential personnel only. Apparently I'm not one of them, so I have a sudden free night!

:dance:woo

:dance:woo

I was hopeing to have a bit of something here. Nothing bad enough to cause any damage, but just bad enough that I wouldn't have to work at all today :lol

It's raining

It's pouring

Keeps the electric bill

From soaring!

:jumpyay:dance:woo

Cara, you ARE in rare form!:lol:lol

Have a good night, hon:hug

It's raining

It's pouring

Keeps the electric bill

From soaring!

:jumpyay:dance:woo

Yay for rain and a cool spell. :D Our water and electric bill came yesterday - oh dear. :lol

I'm not sure how much I'll be here for a few days. My dad (92) is in the hospital with a blockage and my mom(91) is not capable of being alone. My brother is with her tonight and I'm driving down early tomorrow. DH is out of town and Maggie is sick...can't get much better than this. :( I promise not to neglect my scorekeeping, but please highlight scores and please keep track of your squares just in case. I will hire someone to stay with Mom tomorrow and should be here at night with Maggie and Zoe. I'll check in when I can. :manyheart

Yay for rain and a cool spell. :D Our water and electric bill came yesterday - oh dear. :lol

I'm not sure how much I'll be here for a few days. My dad (92) is in the hospital with a blockage and my mom(91) is not capable of being alone. My brother is with her tonight and I'm driving down early tomorrow. DH is out of town and Maggie is sick...can't get much better than this. :( I promise not to neglect my scorekeeping, but please highlight scores and please keep track of your squares just in case. I will hire someone to stay with Mom tomorrow and should be here at night with Maggie and Zoe. I'll check in when I can. :manyheart

When it rains it pours doesn't it....and not the good kind :lol I sure hope your dad is better real soon. :hug

todays total 17 solid and 50 bi-colored

just a little over 100 more to finish up all the saltines for my quilt-ghan... then I have to finish assembling... I'm off to get some sleep now I'll check in tomorrow...

Mary ~ My thoughts are with you and your family. :rose I hope you will be alright. Be careful driving and we will be waiting to hear that you made it back home just fine. It's so hard when you do not live closer to your folks, isn't it? :hug Take care!

SO so sorry to hear about your dad...

Our prayers are with you and your family :hug

Cathy

Dusti,

Do you know where two harbors Mn is?

We used to go there every summer. It was great... Great memories.

We would go and watch the bears at the dump... LOL

WOuld you still happen to have the link for the instructions? or know what post it is?

Cathy

Archived