Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Linda speaking of birdies, you know the middle square of the birdy, you could make that into a pattern with the squares. Have all the squares with the same color for the birdy and when you put them together you would have a great pattern going along the row. Does this make sense.

Makes a lot of sense. Could be very pretty.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My oldest daughter is laying claim to this picture quilt Im doing so that will mean I have to make one for my other daughter. This cross stitch book I have is called "Many More Minis" and it has lots of great little cross stitch patterns that would be great as picture quilts.

Hey Judy, I think you need a saltine project, what do ya say. :D

I have the yarn (and 2 saltines made) for one of Leslie's patterns posted on Cara's site. It's the Around the World, version 2 - no bi-color squares:D I think Julie is doing the same one.

My fingers are getting itchy...:devil

Evening Ladies!!

I am so behind...i have been so sick today and very lightheaded so haven't done squares at all,when i sit up its worse...my son has it to.He was up all night throwing up :(.

Judy

What colors are you using??

Mary

I really love your Ducky and the colors you used!!

Windy

I love,love,love the birds allot better...it looks like the sky is clearing...cant wait to see more.

Julie

So good to hear from you and find out you are ok.

Renee

I cant wait to see your colors come together...i have allot of those colors but no idea what to do worth them yet.

Hi, Ines!

Shay hope you all feel better soon....and that is a beautiful piece you're working on! Love the colors!!

...and my colors are Orchid, a nice purple or deeper orchid (don't have the others in front of me), sage green and an off white or something similar. Soft colors that remind me of a garden:c9

Hi judiane... missed you guys and at times I wanted to log on and check the forum but anytime I managed to log on time was precious as we were on the move or others were in line for the computers. I have just posted on the ME Cal with an update. Had a wonderful holiday and caught up with my daughter and met her boyfriend. Now it is back to work and everyday reality.:eek

Wendy Hi....had a wonderful hectic trip. Have promised to save up to go again in 2 years time if I can. Did lots of things that often I forgo as I wanted to expose Julia, my daughter, to as much as I could. Went to a Salvador Dali exhibition in Paris for example, Built a snowman (JUlia has never seen snow), became an expert with metros and train. It was a great experience. While we were in the UK we also took the train and went to Cardiff so I stepped on Welsh soil. The accommodation I had booked on the internet was fantastic and I am now more convinced then ever that angels exist... we experience 2 situations that I can only say it was because of angels that we found our way. One was in Berne when we arrived at 11pm on a very cold night where it looked like the place was suddenly deserted and we could not find the hotel, although it was advertised as being close to the station. This lovely lady appeared out of nowhere and took charge (Bless her). I did not get her name as she had a bus to catch and so it all happened very quickly and I now wish I had asked for her address and name. Another was in Ljubljana when again it was dark and somehow it must have been an Angel on my shoulder that led us to the hotel. Thankfully all the other places were where they advertised they were!

My daughter's English man is a lovely man and they seem to be happy.

I now am back to reality and started work the day after I returned so I am still not fully with it.

Ines sounds like you had a great time and you had some nice people helping you out there which was very nice of them. Which place that you visited did you like the best and is that where your going to go again in 2 years time.

You didnt give yourself much time to recooperate before going back to work though. I guess it will take awhile to get back into the swing of things. Im still on holidays and I go back to work on Tuesday.

Ines sounds like you had a great time and you had some nice people helping you out there which was very nice of them. Which place that you visited did you like the best and is that where your going to go again in 2 years time.

You didnt give yourself much time to recooperate before going back to work though. I guess it will take awhile to get back into the swing of things. Im still on holidays and I go back to work on Tuesday.

Good morning all,

Haven't been checked in for a few days. I've had some long work days. I do have today off and I'm thinking about joining the saltine smackdown. I'll decide by the end of the day.

Everyone's pictures look great.

I'll go post in the other threads and check back later.

Wendy that is a difficult question. I loved Paris but then I also love the south of France (I went there with hubby in the 80s , not this time). However, I feel most at home in Italy and I love the area my parents come from so I will always gravitate towards Venice and the area around there. I also really enjoyed Venice this time as there was none of the usual in your face conjestion of people since it was in Winter. I also enjoyed going to Slovenia and will go there again.

I had seen my aunty in Milan in 2005 when I went overseas with the school but had not seen all my relatives in the Venice area since 1986. We stayed only there 3 days but it was wonderful to catch up with family. It was bedlum at times as we had so many people come to my uncle's house on the first day we were there that it was exhausting. Plus I ate constantly! It was wonderful for my youngest daughter to meet them as she had never met most of them. It was hilarious at times too as everytime someone from my mother's side arrived the comment was that I was looking more and more like my mother and when my father's side of the family arrived the comment was how like my dad I looked. My sister, who was with me, does not get these comments so we had to speculate that she looks like some past ancestor.

Aren't holidays great? Unfortunately, they always go by so quickly and the reality is that some of us have to return to work.

Good Morning, all. It's so foggy that we can't see across the street! :eek It's supposed to be gone soon and be a lot warmer today.

Shay, I hope you're all better soon. Your ghan is gorgeous. :cheer

Ines ~ Your trip sounds just wonderful. :yes So glad you had a good time.

Hi Valerie, let us know what you decide about the saltines. :hook

Good morning, everyone. It's overcast and cold this morning. John's off hunting again this morning. The season ends on the 31st and it's supposed to rain a good bit next week, sooooo he's getting in all he can while he can. :lol :lol :lol

Ines, welcome home. You've been missed.

Shaylen, sounds like the sick ward is at your house big time. Take care and hope you all feel better very soon.

Happy crocheting today, Valerie. Enjoy the day off.

Cara, or anyone...I know the saltines can be positioned either way - but opinions, please: which way looks best: with the back of the first row facing you or the other way.

Archived