Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, everyone.

Julie, I had my gallbladder out many years ago. Before the keyhole technique, so I have quite a scar, but haven't had any gallbladder problems since. It was well worth it. My last attack was when I was driving and I had to pull over and sit and cry until the worst of it passed. Don't miss it at all. Glad the doctors were nice. I've had some nice male doctors, but, on the whole, I prefer female doctors. They understand female problems much better.

Holes in the Becky's Blocks? :think Where? :think I don't think I have any. At least, not that are big enough to call them holes.

Good morning ladies :flower

Julie - I'm glad you've found a pair of doctors that you feel comfortable with. Now if they can just get a few things straightened out. They will. These things take time sometimes. We're here if ya wanna rant, laugh or cry :manyheart

Wendy - I'm not sure if I know what you mean by holes. Where exactly are you getting holes? I don't remember getting any :no But I frogged the stadium ghan last night...too big, too ugly, too boring....and I'm gonna just do it in BB with 2 colors. Maybe I'll see what you mean :think But I'm concerned since more than one of you are getting holes :(

MAN! It's cold out there again today!! And I left the cotton picking A/C on all night so I've got icicles on my nosie :wlol Think our little Indian Summer thing is passing :wbrr:lol

It's still morning - barely. :) I've been on a roll cleaning the kitchen and pantry so I can play this afternoon. :crocheting I need to be in the office going through tax stuff, but since I do our taxes it can wait. :yes

Julie, it sounds like you have good doctors...we want you feeling better soon!

Cara, I just saw your filet gift. It is gorgeous!

Mary - Need to start rolling round my kitchen too. It needs help BAD! :lol I'll be quite glad when this foot is back to normal. You don't realize how much you need your foot til it's messed up :P Didn't Shelly do a fabulous job on the filet piece? I just wish I could've gotten a better photo. I love it :manyheart

Cara the holes are where you do the sc row on the foundation side. My last block I have tried doing the sc right into the stitch of the first row to get rid of the holes.

Oh I see. No I didn't have that problem. Maybe the yarn I was using was thicker? No, maybe not if others are having the issue. Did sc'ing right into the first row fix it?

Okay, I've just finished one block since I'm doing the BB again for my BIL. I think I see what might be happening to you because I did it by mistake. You have to make sure that you sc into each ch of the foundation. That means the bottom of the cluster and the 2 chs that are in between each cluster. So that's sc in the cluster, sc in each of the next 2 chs, sc in the next cluster, etc etc etc.....I missed a spot and got a hole...went back and redid it then it was right. See? Sometimes making a mistake can be a good thing :D

Sometimes I have the hardest time with easy patterns, too.

Decided to use stash when I'm ready to do BB...I printed out the pattern:hook

Oh I see what I have done now, where the 2 chains are I have just been doing one sc and I have been going over the chains and not into each chain if that makes sense. Boy what a dumbo I am.:blush

Oh no no no :hug Not dumb at all. It happens to all of us. I do it all the time :yes Don't feel dumb at all :manyheart

Completed another BB block today. Today's is Amethyst (What I'd call Royal Purple.) and Bright Yellow. It's striped but in a pattern of 4 rows purple alternating with 2 rows yellow. I miscalculated so one end has 4 rows of purple and the other has 2 row of purple. :lol :lol :lol Oh, well. :P It's still pretty.At the rate of 1 block per day I'll have enough for a 4 block x 5 block ghan in 3 weeks or a 5 block by 6 block ghan in a month. Then I'll have all the joining to do. These blocks are very addictive, Cara. :hug

Hi to Valerie ~ are you able to get any crocheting time? I hope your work schedule eases up a little soon. :hug

I'm so glad you all talked about Becky's Blocks today. Hopefully, when I make one, I'll remember all of the tips! Of course with my memory, you'll probably get the questions anyway. :D

I finally got my hook out tonight. I don't know why I think there will be quiet crochet time around here. :think Silly me for not using Caller ID and Voice Mail at all times. ;)

Completed another BB block today. Today's is Amethyst (What I'd call Royal Purple.) and Bright Yellow. It's striped but in a pattern of 4 rows purple alternating with 2 rows yellow. I miscalculated so one end has 4 rows of purple and the other has 2 row of purple. :lol :lol :lol Oh, well. :P It's still pretty.At the rate of 1 block per day I'll have enough for a 4 block x 5 block ghan in 3 weeks or a 5 block by 6 block ghan in a month. Then I'll have all the joining to do. These blocks are very addictive, Cara. :hug

Linda, I love the Amethyst and I bet it's beautiful with the Bright Yellow. :artist

Mary, we screen most of our calls...bad, arent' we?:lol Life is so much sweeter that way.

Have a good one!

Add us to the naughty list too then :lol Just sometimes there are folks you just aren't in the mood to deal with :lol

Taking a break from the house wifery thing. Man this place has gotten out of control. I mean it's not a dump but it's just...just....untidy...and it makes me nuts :irk Getting the laundry done. Made chili for supper so it can sit and meld awhile. Trying to do the 2 color BB for my BIL in between.

Archived