Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Tracy - Yep, think I'm over the initial shock :lol Sure was nice to have everything go smoothly :yes

Wendy - Oh well. Maybe Mum will give the saltines another go when she's in a different mood. I always think they're best when you're looking for repetitive projects :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to sort the drawer out, got shawler and bus cuddle on the bed to work on (I see Krystal is awake over on Sky) :devil Today is actually a good day to be working on the shawler, being cold and rainy. :crocheting Now, just to find something decent to watch on tv if I can't get Stargate buffered fast.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I can't tell you how excited I am to have found you. After reading about the joining technique at the beginning of the thread I decided to start over - and now I'm totally energized! I also switched from an aluminum hook to a bamboo hook and it's made a big difference in the look of the square (never used bamboo before but just got one from my notions swap pal). I finished two rows of squares and have joined them and they look 100 times better than the block I had done. So, you can add me to the saltine list with 24 solids and 12 bi-color.

The Blue Gingham quilt ghan is gorgeous! I've enjoyed seeing everyone's work.

Have a great holiday weekend. To those of you who have served in our military - thank you for your service!

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Sharon~Thank you for the compliment. We're glad you're here and I have added you to the list of "square makers." :crocheting I just looked at your blog and your work is just wonderful!

Wendy, Aww-I bet the whale turns out great. It's okay if it looks a bit like a serpent. :lol

Tracy, sounds like perfect weather to stay in and crochet. It's been in the 90s and very humid here...I'm staying in, too. :yes

Karen~WTG on making 40 more squares! Have you decided how big your ATW will be?

Hi to those I've missed - Have a great Sunday.

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Sharon~Thank you for the compliment. We're glad you're here and I have added you to the list of "square makers." :crocheting I just looked at your blog and your work is just wonderful!

Thank you so much! :day

Tracy yes Im having a whale of a time here.... hahaha

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I can't tell you how excited I am to have found you. After reading about the joining technique at the beginning of the thread I decided to start over - and now I'm totally energized! I also switched from an aluminum hook to a bamboo hook and it's made a big difference in the look of the square (never used bamboo before but just got one from my notions swap pal). I finished two rows of squares and have joined them and they look 100 times better than the block I had done. So, you can add me to the saltine list with 24 solids and 12 bi-color.

Welcome, Sharon. Your stuff is beautiful! I especially like the baby ponchos. They are just too cute. You've already got a good start on your saltines. What pattern are you doing?

Hello to everyone. I woke up at 6:00, but I crawled back into bed thinking I'd try to sleep for an hour or two and then get moving. Finally woke up up again at 12:30. I guess I was way more tired than I realized.

Snowflakes aren't that hard to do because they are so small (only 3 or 4 rounds on most of them.) The ones with lots of picots are a pain, but still not too bad. Working with thread and a size 7 hook takes some adjusting, but again, it's not that bad. They are so pretty that they're worth it. I stopped in the middle of the current one a while ago, and it took some calculating to figure out where I was in the pattern, but I'm back at it again now. I have a beaded one I'm going to try out today. I bought the bead needles yesterday at HobbyLobby so I'm all set to go on it.

Mary, 3 solids and 1 bicolour for me, please.

I haven't done much yet. I did the saltines, a row and a half on the shawler (:neener to Krystal, no strapping me ANYWHERE) and then I fell asleep. A friend just phoned to invite me to visit next weekend, she is housesitting and asked if we could visit. :woo

Mary, 3 solids and 1 bicolour for me, please.

I haven't done much yet. I did the saltines, a row and a half on the shawler (:neener to Krystal, no strapping me ANYWHERE) and then I fell asleep. A friend just phoned to invite me to visit next weekend, she is housesitting and asked if we could visit. :woo

I added your squares. :yes

Great news about your visit...will you have to travel very far?

Morning everyone

Sharon welcome to the group. What pattern are you doing.

Karen wow your making great progress.:clap

Linda you must have been tired to have slept for that long. Have fun with the snowflakes, I must give them a go one day.

Tracy Im glad you got your work done and didnt get into trouble from Krystal. Thats great news about visiting your friend.

Mary 36 solids, 7 bicolors, 1 tricolor thanks.

Archived