Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer:cheer:cheer *does happy dance*

I finally made it to the store to buy yarn today. Even the evil pollen can't stop me now! :hook

Well, I still have to finish the doll blanket for the little girl who's leaving this country in 2 weeks. But after that, it's saltine time! I'm so excited! :yay

:cheer:cheer:cheer *does happy dance*

I finally made it to the store to buy yarn today. Even the evil pollen can't stop me now! :hook

Well, I still have to finish the doll blanket for the little girl who's leaving this country in 2 weeks. But after that, it's saltine time! I'm so excited! :yay

Yay, Amy! The woven blocks is a fun pattern to make. :yes

I'm ready to pick up my Jasie again, because I finished Strawberry Shortcake today! OH she's BEAUTIFUL! BUT her head is a little floppy. For my first doll though, I'll call her a success. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Congratulations on finishing the doll. :hook

I am on the 3rd row of the Bus Cuddle. :yay

K - 4 solids for me, please. :hook

Hi Tracy~Is this your second Bus ghan? Great progress!

Good Morning, ladies. :) It's a perfect Spring day and we're going to DD's to lay sod in their front yard today. I think I'm getting a little old for all of this manual labor. :lol

Have a great day and Happy Crocheting. :hook

Good Morning, ladies. :) It's a perfect Spring day and we're going to DD's to lay sod in their front yard today. I think I'm getting a little old for all of this manual labor. :lol

Have a great day and Happy Crocheting. :hook

My goodness, Mary. You've been doing lots & lots & lots of yard work both at your house and DD's house. :garden I wouldn't be able to move at all by now. Have a great day. Hope you get a chance to rest and enjoy your labors soon.

Morning everyone. It's gray and cloudy her in northern Georgia. John's going to be running errands soon and then it's my turn go out and about and do my thing. I'm thinking of going to some piano stores and playing some pianos.

What ever your weekend holds, I hope there's some time for crochet and some time for being good to yourself. Have a great day! :hug

Linda your painted desert looks amazing and I love the colors.

Mary I did a you today, I worked in the garden trimming my hedges. Boy does my back ache now but I enjoyed being out in fresh air for a change.

Tracy great progress on the Bus Cuddle and its always good to start early on xmas presents. Who is this one for.

Linda have a nice day and enjoy yourself at the piano stores. Do they let you play the pianos, I bet you get an audience when you do.

I have been busy with the rainbow ghan tonight. It has 6 saltines in each corner to make it square.

K - 24 solid saltines for me thanks

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - Have fun at the piano shops :hug

Tracy - The cuddles are fun. I think it's great to see the picture develop, so to speak :D

Mary - I was born to old for all that manual labor. I get tired too quick. I really envy you :yes

Wendy - How are you today, our own little personal countdown calendar? :lol

Like Mary said it's a glorious day here in Texas. If I could talk BD into it we'd be doing some yard work too but I don't see that happening :lol But I got tons and tons done yesterday that I didn't expect to have done for weeks yet. The Boy (a.k.a. the nephew) came over to pick up something for his mom which I wasn't expecting. Well, he was bored and offered to help with anything that I couldn't do myself :eek

I jumped on the offer and he helped move some furniture around, install some racks and stuff I'd gotten, brought my better dining table down from the attic and put it together and just a whole bunch of other stuff. I've kept the bigger dining table upstairs because I didn't have chairs for it...they died many moons ago but turns out the chairs from our old kitchen set (which we were using) look pretty good with it :yay

So with all that I invited him to stay for dinner and a movie. We actually had a really good time and I got lots of crocheting done during the movie :hook And now I think I'm gonna get back to it after I check the other boards.

Thank you, Wendy. :hook. This one is for my nephew who will be 22 months old then. I am going to make his baby sister a Just Ducky one for Christmas. :yes

Oh, Tracy, they'll be wonderful Christmas presents.

I'm being really lazy so far today. Just relaxing.

Yes, the piano stores let you play the pianos. How else would you know which one you liked the best? Of course, the sales people play them for you if you don't know how to play.:)

i was just wondering what you thought about how to connect the squares. i was going to do it row by row - but i'm still not sure about it. any advice would be great this is the first time i'm doing a quiltghan and it's Casablanca.

i'm making the black a black/gold mix yarn (its red heart fiesta i think) and maroon and gray.

Sunny - Welcome to the group :hug Those sound like wonderful colors :yes The way I do it is I do 9 squares at a time i.e. the first 3 squares on the first 3 rows. I whipstitch those together then go on to the next 9. Sounds tedious I know, but actually I've found that it makes it go really quickly. You just have a few ends to deal with at a time and when you're done, you're done :D

Good luck with it and if you need any help at all just holler and one of the wonderful ladies in this group will jump right in. They all very talented and helpful :manyheart

Sunny welcome to the group, I have done the Casa and its a beautiful pattern, you will love it. I did it row by row but if I had to do it again I would do it Cara's way.

Linda do you still have the rooster cuddle ghan pattern, is there any way you would share this one. Im still wanting to make this for my friend at work that might retire sometime this year, I think.

Cara that was so nice of your nephew to help you like that, Im glad you got heaps of stuff done and I bet he enjoyed your roast and the movie.

Hi Sunny! The Casa is a gorgeous pattern. :hook

Tracy, I see lots of little squares in your future. :lol They will be really special Christmas presents. :)

Cara~Your nephew really came through this time. :yay It's great that you got so much accomplished.

When we got home from DD's, I almost had to crawl out of DH's truck. :lol The four of us got 3 pallets of sod all nicely "planted." The shrub beds will be next, but we'll have a break from that since DH will be out of town a lot for a couple of weeks and he's in charge of our big tiller. Of course, that means more crochet time for me. :hook

Hi Krystal! This tiller is one that FIL bought in 1960 at Montgomery Wards. Runs like a champ, but DH won't let anyone else use it. :lol He's really sentimental about it and using it to help DD and her DH is one way of remembering his Dad. We have one just like it that's a much newer model and I've used it a lot...at 58 I've just about retired from tilling. :yes

Hi Krystal! This tiller is one that FIL bought in 1960 at Montgomery Wards. Runs like a champ, but DH won't let anyone else use it. :lol He's really sentimental about it and using it to help DD and her DH is one way of remembering his Dad.

Oh that's so sweet :manyheart

Well, we just got back from an outing. Boy just started working at the Sam's this week and he got a free family membership so he gave it to me since his folks already have one. :yay We roamed around and bought a few things.

Stopped at the Dairy Queen on the way home and got a cone. Now it's officially spring :D

Hi, Sunny! Welcome to the group! :welcomeI do my quilt 'ghans in 5x5 or 6x6 blocks the then sew the blocks together. Makes it much more doable for me if I'm only working with 25 to 36 squares at a time, and yet it goes pretty fast, because I can whip up that many squares in just a few hours.

Sound like a nice outing, Cara.

Mary, you guys are champs at the yard work. It'll be a nice break though to be able to rest and crochet for a while. It's neat about the tiller of your hubby's dad.

I'm home. (Obviously) I went to two piano stores and had a great time playing pianos. Didn't find any in our price range, but had fun.

Archived