Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Oh noes! The dreaded Chubby Checker Knee. That's a horrible condition :lol I actually listen to 1940 and 50s classics music (Peggy Lee, Rosemary Clooney, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, etc etc) and sometimes I get to dancing too. But boy howdy does that boy remind you quickly that I'm not in dancing condition :lol Hope it's all better tomorrow and you can twist again :D

The dreaded Chubby Checker Knee! :rofl :rofl :rofl I love it! And yes, it's much better this morning. I'm not very awake yet though. Will chat more when I wake up some more.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Linda~Glad your knee is feeling a bit better this a.m. It sounds like you had a ton of fun.

Yup, I sure did.

It's sunny and warmer today.

John, is looking a piano this morning. The price is right. I'm just hoping it's got a light touch, is mellow toned, and in good shape. Will keep you posted. It would be wonderful to have a piano in the house. I love to play. I'm not great, but I'm not bad either. It's a wonderful way to express myself and let off steam. And Kim really likes music. So my playing would be good for both her and me. I've got my fingers crossed.

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - Oooh, that would be nice if this piano is the one. Keeping my fingers crossed, too :yes

BD gave me another task for today for the site. But I couldn't sleep last night so I went ahead and got up and finished my task :yay So that means I have the whole day for whatever I want :D Was gonna sew but considering I've only had 4.5 hrs sleep think I'd better not try to run a sewing machine :lol My hook's less dangerous :hook

The piano is a no go. Too many problems. Oh, well, another will show up sooner or later that will be right for us.

Oh no. :( Hopefully the next one will show up soon :hug

BD gave me another task for today for the site. But I couldn't sleep last night so I went ahead and got up and finished my task :yay So that means I have the whole day for whatever I want :D Was gonna sew but considering I've only had 4.5 hrs sleep think I'd better not try to run a sewing machine :lol My hook's less dangerous :hook

:lol I agree...hooks don't have electricity and moving parts involved. :devil

Linda, there has to be a piano out there somewhere! :yes:xfin

I decided I deserved a goof off day...so I went to Hobby Lobby! ILTY is on sale for $1.99 and they actually had a pretty good selection. It was so much fun to stock up on some basics for that price. Also, they have discontinued all of the TLC, so I got a few skeins from the clearance table.:shop

Okay, now it's time to reorganize my sewing room a little. :yarn

Wendy - if you're wanting to show off what you're talking about with your butterfly ghan and the trucks ghan, go to Annies Attic and pull up the Perfect Patches book. Under the book's picture, there is a link that says "More Pictures". Both of those are in the more pictures section.

Thanks Krystal, I didnt know there was a site that showed more photos from the book.

Mary hope your having a nice relaxing day and its nice to stock up on yarn isnt it.

Linda sorry the piano was a no go, Im sure you will find the right one soon.

Cara have fun with the website.

Tabby hows your project coming along.

Im going to work today, I feel a bit better but still not 100 percent.

Mary, good for you for a goof off day. Sounds like you got a lot of good buys on yarn.

I've finished crocheting the first panel on my poncho now. I worked on that instead of the painted desert today. There are a number of mistakes in it, but no one but me will know they are there because of the kind of yarn I'm using. If I had done it in a different yarn I would have spotted the mistakes in time to fix them. I can't find them unless I hold it up to the light. :lol :lol :lol

Wendy, I hope you're all better soon. :manyheart

Linda, are you using some of the yarn you got when you were with Kim's family? Will we see pictures? :hook

Hi Tracy!

We just finished dinner and I may make some squares later. :)

Linda, are you using some of the yarn you got when you were with Kim's family? Will we see pictures? :hook

Yes, Mary, it is some of the yarn from Kim's Aunt. It doesn't look like much yet, but I will have pictures when it's done.:crocheting

Howdy everyone,

Well I was glad when today was over, so didnt want to be at work. I dont feel too bad now. My DH has it now, its just a bad headache, neckache and a terrible feeling in your stomach like your carsick or something, very strange.

Tracy if we dont feel well at work we can go home, we just fill out a sick leave form.

Linda your poncho sounds great and its nice to do something different for a change besides saltines isnt it.

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Hope you're feeling better today :hug

Tabby - Great progress on the stars and stripes :cheer

I got quite a few rows done on the Goddess yesterday. Today is my day out though so don't know how much I'll get done on it today. Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Hi ladies. :)

Wendy, so glad you're feeling a little better. Enjoy your long weekend. :manyheart

Hi Tabby~You are going so fast on the Stars and Stripes! :yay

Cara, have fun today. Are you going near a yarn store? :lol

It's a cloudy, super windy day and other than a trip for groceries, I'm here for the day. DH is even taking his Mom to the Dr. :D

Linda your poncho sounds great and its nice to do something different for a change besides saltines isnt it.

Yes, I do need to do something different every now and then. Glad you're feeling a bit better. :hug

Good morning, everyone. It is chilly here today, but the sun is shining and there is only a light breeze.

I've been sewing together squares this morning. Kim has an appointment for a haircut at 1. After that it's lunch and a stop at the bank. Then back home.

Hope everyone has a great day. :manyheart

I've gone into Lurk mode. I'm still reading and getting some done on my project but it's been slow going. I've been real tired lately for some reason. Then TODAY I get a migraine at work. YUCK! So, i'm not sure if I'll be working on my lil 9 patch or not. Anyway, I'm still here! :)

I too feel like Ive jumped ship. Our move is almost complete (just the packing and moving...not the unpacking) so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things soon. But I'll check back as often and as soon as I can. And I'll post pics as soon as I can too. Hope everyone is enjoying their Spring.

Kim and I are home from running around, but I've been on the phone for the last hour notifying people of fraudulent charges that showed up on my bank statement. Apparently a hacker got into somebodies system and got my information and has been charges on my account. Credit card is now cancelled and three fraud cases opened. I need to do some crocheting to calm down. Yuck!!!

Archived