Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question I hope someone can answer...I'm making my first quiltghan and I'm doing the baby gingham one and the directions say to join them using the appropriate color...when I've got two different colored squares to join how do I decide which one is appropriate? Or does it even matter?

Wicket, welcome to the group! :welcome I use whichever seems appropriate. Sometimes that's the lighter and sometimes it's the darker. Occasionally I just pick one color and use it for all the joinings. Sometimes that's a dark contrast color to border each block and sometimes it's the most neutral color to sort of disappear into all the other colors. Mostly, it's whatever you are comfortable with.

hello everyone. sorry I haven't had a chance to read through the posts I've missed... this past weekend has been pretty bad for me... my depression is getting worse I think .. all I seem to do is cry for no reason... I didn't do any crocheting at all ... all I did was read (6 novels since friday) and sleep... I seemed to stay awake all night and sleep most of the day... I went to one of my DR today (the one who deals with the diabetes and growth on my adrenal gland) and she is making an appointment with either a psycologist or psychiatrist.. I can't remember which she said right now... I also have to go to see a nutritionist for more help with my diabetes.... I just wanted to stop in and say hello.. I will try to get on tomorrow and catch up but I'm really dragged out from today... night

Shelly, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. The doctor has just changed my meds, too. If you want to talk, I'm here, too. And I understand exactly what you're going through. Hope things get better really soon. :hug :hug :hug

Here is my two blocks of the stars n stripes ghan.

(clickable)

th_000_0333.jpg

Judy, that is absolutely STUNNING!!! So is the pattern. Wonderful job! :yay:clap:yay

Nicer weather moved in here yesterday about midafternoon. It's now sunny and much warmer than the last few days. Yeah!!

Good morning ladies :flower

Shelly - How are you this morning, hon? :hug

Tabby - That looks fabulous! :clap I can tell you now that bad boy is on my WIP list :yes

Feeling better today. Think that drowsy feeling from the new meds is near an end. I hate that part of new meds :irk Plus, I slept all through the night :yay That's the first time in almost two months! I think this calls for a celebration....where's my hook? :hook

Feeling better today. Think that drowsy feeling from the new meds is near an end. I hate that part of new meds :irk Plus, I slept all through the night :yay That's the first time in almost two months! I think this calls for a celebration....where's my hook? :hook

Cara, that's great news. I'm so glad you're doing better. I just put the start of the 2nd block next to the 1st block. It's even better than on paper. My thought was "I'm so pleased with my creation." And then it hit me that this really is MY CREATION. Thank you for making this possible, Cara. Without you and the support of the rest of the ladies here I would never have been able to do this. I would never have dreamed of doing it. Thank you all. :manyheart

Your blog looks good, Cara. :yes I like the picture of the basket and yarn.

Isn't that nifty? I was looking for templates and that one popped up and I knew I just had to have it :D

Hi Ladies. :) I don't know what's gotten into me, but I'm still in my Spring cleaning mode...and it's obvious that I missed a few Springs. :lol What was I thinking when we put 2 1/2" wood blinds in the whole house? Anyway, enough of that for today - it's crochet for me this afternoon. :hook

Linda~You ought to be proud of "your creation" because it is fantastic! Can't wait to see the next block. :yes

Cara, your blog is great. I have no idea how you all set them up? :think

Hi Miss Tracy! I really like your blog, too. Your work is wonderful. :manyheart Oh, and your DD's is too!

Cara, that's great news. I'm so glad you're doing better. I just put the start of the 2nd block next to the 1st block. It's even better than on paper. My thought was "I'm so pleased with my creation." And then it hit me that this really is MY CREATION. Thank you for making this possible, Cara. Without you and the support of the rest of the ladies here I would never have been able to do this. I would never have dreamed of doing it. Thank you all. :manyheart

Linda you can never know how much good you do my heart :manyheart You are the epitome of the spirit of what has become my life's work :hug

Hi Cara, I am working on the Country Roads. I just started it and it usually takes me a month to due one. Sometimes I hate working, but the bills must be paid. So I only get to work on it at night when everything is done. Will try to get a picture to you when it is done.

Hi Cara, I am working on the Country Roads. I just started it and it usually takes me a month to due one. Sometimes I hate working, but the bills must be paid. So I only get to work on it at night when everything is done. Will try to get a picture to you when it is done.

Oh that's great! :yay Yeah, if it wasn't for all this housework and a husband who insists on being fed at least once a day and cats that require full service I could get a lot more crocheting done :hook

Is that one that's been done before? I mean, I get the idea with Cara's charts, but some of these just look so much darned better in real yarn. BTW, if you want to see my $1 yarn & stuff haul from my mom, check out the SKY!

Is that one that's been done before? I mean, I get the idea with Cara's charts, but some of these just look so much darned better in real yarn. BTW, if you want to see my $1 yarn & stuff haul from my mom, check out the SKY!

No that one's just a chart so far. I too think the real life ghan is way more impressive than those silly charts. But folks always want new stuff and ya gotta give the peoples what they want :hook

Hey Mary that was post #2000 for you! :clap:party:cheer

I've gotten half of a 3 row section done on the Amish lapghan today even with all the gabbing I've been doing online and over the email today :D

Archived