Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Thank goodness for a.c. and crocheting...our heat index is supposed to be 100 today and that is when I don't enjoy yard work! :hot

Yep, yep :yes Now if I could just figure out how to get rid of those $500 a month electric bills I'd be doing good. It really cuts into my yarn budget :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, by the way, Cara, my grandson is really into Thomas and Friends. Any cuddleghans on the horizon with trains on them? I'd be glad to test out the pattern for you.:manyheart

Oh, by the way, Cara, my grandson is really into Thomas and Friends. Any cuddleghans on the horizon with trains on them? I'd be glad to test out the pattern for you.:manyheart

PM your email address if you don't mind. I have something that might just interest you :wink

Shoot, someone else beat me to the train !

I know Cara mentioned possibly doing a train one, so I have been waiting on it, and WHAMMO , it gets slid right out from under me . :lol

Just joking, it's all in fun . :)

Cara- I know you are SUPER busy today, but an idea is starting to come together for me for my family reunion afghan.

I don't know what would look good, but I was thinking of doing EITHER ......

one with some of your other "pictures " all on one together -- the house, the heart and maybe a tree , ( you know, like each block would have a different thing on it )

but I'm also trying to kick around one big one --with the main thing being a tree, with red-hearts on it rather than apples, and maybe 3 people in the picture-- one with grey hair to represent the older generation, one with brown ,and maybe a small kid , or a baby . And maybe a house there off to the side ?

I know this is maybe a stupid idea. Like I said, I am NO GOOD at designing things like that and can't really get a clear picture of what I want .

Would you think the separate blocks with a different item in each one would look good, or one whole picture with things in them together , the tree being the main thing ?

Or what about one giant tree and the name McCutcheon . Would that be do-able ?

Never knew you were gonna get into this much work , did you ?

Well, I did a train a while back as a special one time only thing for a gal....I can't give out the pattern though because it's a licensed character :2nono But I do have a generic sorta train on the drawing board.

Julie - Yep $500 electric bills....I'm very hot natured and Texas is very hot :lol Plus all these electrical devices around here...it all adds up. But I can work on an afghan in 100 degree heat :hook

The different block thing kinda gives me an idea actually. But I'm still working on the stuff for the other CAL. Yep, that's the one :yes

But first I need a nap :P

PS Let's hope this posts this time :grump

Now cara you just can't do a train.... I'd never get anything else done. LOL. Between a father, son, and neighboors trains would be all I do.

Amanda ~ Just wait...Cara will keep tempting us with more wonderful patterns. :devil

:clap :clap I got home from work today to find a huge box from Joanns parked in the entryway - my yarn for the Casablanca!! :yarn:hook:yay (ok, and I'll admit it, several other Caron pounders, too ...).

I've pretty much decided that I'll use the Azure blue, which is kinda in the same tone family as the lace, with the lace and espresso. Looks like the sky blue is a little too bright a contrast for the lace. But I have a UFO scrapghan to finish up before I start all these squares ... I'll keep you posted as I make some progress.

Norma

Howdy Ladies!

I thoguht I checked in this a.m. on this CAL but I must've had a brain fart or the ville did because I don't see a post. But, I do remember reading them. :think I'm getting way to senile in my old age. :confused

We must all have sons or grandsons that love that train. :yes My aunt did a generic train one yrs. ago for my cousin out of the little squares but she doesn't have the pattern anymore. :no So i'll be right behind the rest of them waiting for a choo-choo pattern. No pressure. :D

I actually accomplished something today. :cheer I made an 8" doily for the bus driver. I think it came out perdy. Not bad for a 4 hour doily. :hook:yarn

I hope you all have a good night. :manyheart

Hi again, ladies. Yes, I'm still making squares for the Bus Ghan. This WIP is going to get finished before I do anything else...it's been too long since I actually finished something! :blush

Norma, so glad your yarn came. :hook The colors sound great.

Hi Tabby ~ I saw the picture of the doily and it's beautiful. :yes

To those of you on the "Circle" CAL...There are so many neat dishcloths; I've enjoyed the pictures a lot! :)

Norma - Woo hoo! New yarn :woo

Tabby - That was only a four hour doily? I saw it on the other CAL....takes me forever plus half an hour to get a doily done...even with the #3 thread...I don't mess with that #10 & #20 stuff :lol Great job :h5

Mary - I know how ya feel :yes That's why I concentrated on just two things for the last week. It actually motivated me :yay

I forgot to mention that I took 5 books with me on vacation.

The Wedding Trap by Tracy Anne Warren. A great read.

The Husband Test by Betina Krahn. This is the first of hers that have read and it is definately a winner. I have 2 more and will read them next. She's got at least 8 or 9 out. She's been added to my favorite authors list.

POP Goes the Weasel by James Patterson. I picked this one up after a bunch of you said you liked his stuff. I can't decide if I liked it or not. It's very well written, but I didn't like getting into the killer's head so much. Maybe I was in the wrong mood for it.

Sold to Miss Seaton by Hamilton Crane. It's been much too long since I've read of the Miss Seaton romps. It was a delight. I laughed a lot. And of course a police car got trashed before the adventure ended. Something that happens to one or more vehicles in most of her stories.

The Grilling Season by Diane Mott Davidson. I have read this one before, but it's been long enough ago that I can't remember what's coming. I remember it after I read it again, but not in advance. I'm about 1/4 of the way through this one.

Linda - Good for you getting in so much reading :clap Hmmm, those Miss Seeton books look very interesting :scrachin May have to check on those at the library tomorrow, too :yes

Good morning, everybody. I woke up at 7:00 this morning for some strange reason. My days are slowly getting back on track. We got some much needed rain last night. The slow steady kind that soaks in instead of running off. Have a good day y'all.:hug

Archived