Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to those sharing photos this week !

Tab- you are one of a kind --- everyone else loved Mr Rogers--but he gives you nightmares. You funny thing, you . :lol

How about a little Buckwheat today ? Maybe he will be a little more up your alley .

You are probably so young, you have no clue who he is . :think

Ask Shenandoah- he'll remember him .

Cara

We have heard so much mention of Big Daddy . Can you give us more of a rundown on him ?

First name -

Do you actually call him Big Daddy ?

What is he like , funny , loud, quiet ?

I am curious to hear more about him .

Happy Saturday! I love this CAL...you never know what you're going to read about when you check in! :D

Wendy ~ I have always found Australia to be so interesting and would love to see it someday. :yes

Julie ~ You always keep me smiling...I love your avatars! :hug

I'm off to the store, then it's yard time. Have a great day. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Julie - Buckwheat today, huh? I liked Buckwheat best when I was a kid. Not that I was a kid in the 30s and 40s but Mama and Daddy always watched them and they were funny :yes

Rundown on Big Daddy, eh? Well his real first name is Eric and I call him "Daddy" I think that's a Southern thing. I know lots of women that call their hubbies Daddy and men that call their wives Mama. My parents did that. That's probably where I got it from.

Eric's parents are from the Virgin Islands though so they think some of the things I do are pretty odd. They've lived in Texas for almost 40 years but sometimes it's like they don't know about anything Texan :shrug

He's quite loud, boisterous and funny. In fact I have to tell him to bring it down a notch sometimes and I'm kinda overzealous myself :lol He's a diehard computer geek, too. It's his job and his hobby.

His a great fellow who I frustrate the heck out of sometimes with all my talking and wild ideas but I truly don't think he'd change a thing :wink

Not a complete profile but kinda the Reader's Digest version :manyheart

Wendy - I have some other animals and pictures running around in my head. Just gotta get 'em down on paper....well, virtual paper since I do everything on the 'puter...saves on erasers :lol I wanna do a chicken. I have this thing about chickens...roosters actually...my blessed Grandmother's nickname was Rooster I think that's where I get my affection for them :manyheart

Any and all suggestions are welcome, too btw. Y'all come up with some of the best ideas! And I'm more than happy to "borrow" them. Of course, I always give credit where credit is due. I actually love adding one of y'alls names to a photo credit or acknowledging an idea y'all have :yes

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Wendy - I have some other animals and pictures running around in my head. Just gotta get 'em down on paper....well, virtual paper since I do everything on the 'puter...saves on erasers :lol I wanna do a chicken. I have this thing about chickens...roosters actually...my blessed Grandmother's nickname was Rooster I think that's where I get my affection for them :manyheart

Any and all suggestions are welcome, too btw. Y'all come up with some of the best ideas! And I'm more than happy to "borrow" them. Of course, I always give credit where credit is due. I actually love adding one of y'alls names to a photo credit or acknowledging an idea y'all have :yes

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

ooohhh can you do a rooster. Another lady at work is retiring at the end of the year and she loves roosters. I would love to make her something with a rooster in it.

Happy Saturday! I love this CAL...you never know what you're going to read about when you check in! :D

Ain't that the truth? :lol Have a great time in the yard today hon :hug

ooohhh can you do a rooster. Another lady at work is retiring at the end of the year and she loves roosters. I would love to make her something with a rooster in it.

Why sure! I'll try to get on it today. It'll be nice and quiet around here with Nephew at work and Big Daddy always sleeps late on Saturday.....like til 3 :lol

Morning Mary have fun shopping.

Cara does he sleep all day. At least its nice and peaceful for you. Its quiet here as everyone has gone to bed. Im the only silly mug still up. Its midnight here. Is your nephew staying with you at the moment.

Cara does he sleep all day. At least its nice and peaceful for you. Its quiet here as everyone has gone to bed. Im the only silly mug still up. Its midnight here. Is your nephew staying with you at the moment.

Yes, he'll sleep all day if I let him. At least on Saturdays. The man is a power sleeper. Wish I got half that much sleep :lol Yes, nephew is staying here until tomorrow at least while his parents are in NYC. He's been a big help but he's still a stool pigeon :lol

Good Morning!

Julie~I do know who buckwheat is, I think he was so cute & funny. Love the hair. :lol Sorry bout Mr. Rogers but he does give me the willie's. Something was just weird about him or maybe he was just too old fashion for me. Dunno, but I found his show annoying more so then Barney. Just my opinion.

Cara~I hope you have a good day. Take some time to relax with all being quiet today. :manyheart

Mary~Have a good day in your garden. I bet it's beautiful. :yes

Wendy~Nighty Night! Have a good sleep.

Tab

You apparently saw the same Mr Rogers I did, when he took the camera into the bathroom and flushed the toilet to teach the kids how the water goes around and around.

If he lived HERE and did that, one of the jocks would've given him a SWIRLY .

I liked him, I guess because he always talked so nice and slow and quiet. Kinda relaxing to listen to .

Not like me, I talk like a machine gun -- rat-at-at-at-at......

Cara- thanks for the RD version of Big Daddy. I'm a nosey old thing, aint I ? I just love finding out new things every day and Big Daddy has had me wondering for awhile... what he looked like, if he really IS big, or more like a skinny little pipsqueak .. you know how some people call people OPPOSITE nicknames ? Like they might call some guy TINY , but he could lift up a semi truck ?

Or a guy here in town called CURLY and he doesn't have a hair on his head .

We also have a guy named PICKLE .

Don't WANNA know why he got that name . :lol :lol :lol

Cara- thanks for the RD version of Big Daddy. I'm a nosey old thing, aint I ? I just love finding out new things every day and Big Daddy has had me wondering for awhile... what he looked like, if he really IS big, or more like a skinny little pipsqueak .. you know how some people call people OPPOSITE nicknames ? Like they might call some guy TINY , but he could lift up a semi truck ?

Or a guy here in town called CURLY and he doesn't have a hair on his head .

We also have a guy named PICKLE .

Don't WANNA know why he got that name . :lol :lol :lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Well Big Daddy is big.....6'1" about 245 lbs (I didn't tell you that :lol) He looks like a bouncer and sometimes he scares people when they first see him....then he opens his mouth and they realize they have a pushover teddy bear on their hands (I also didn't tell you that either :lol)

Mary-

I'm always glad to entertain. I'm sure I have many folks who drop out of our gang because of my lack of STAYING ON TOPIC .

I have actually left many online groups for that reason -- STAY ON TOPIC .

Talk only about CROCHET . Boring................................

Sorry, gang, I love to crochet, but if I can't go off topic, I aint wasting the electric turning on the computer .

THIS is what makes our group a REAL group. We learn to know each other better and make good friendships. At least that's my theory .

And Cara- I keep forgetting to mention it , but

Gravy IS a FOOD GROUP .

Archived