Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Tabby - You go on and rant and rave all you want....we're always here for you :ghug

Heather - Looks like you got lots of squares done! Great job :clap:cheer

Linda - Wow! The LotL is shaping up great! I'm so proud :manyheart

Well, I finally got the newsletter sent out. I swear the photos were giving me fits this month. And I'm still not happy with the cuddle quilt photos :(:no Oh well maybe one day Big Daddy will set up that photo studio for me :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks ladies, you're the greatest. :ghug

Heather~Great job on your square progress. You'll get em together in no time. ;)

Linda~Love it, it is going to be one colorful ghan. Great job, I can't wait to see more. :cheer:clap:cheer

Krystal, I converted a patchwork quilt pattern that I found in this book so that it could be done as a quilt afghan. The pictured quilt is 90" x 90" and my afghan should be about the same size.

DCP_1042.jpg

Good Morning. :) I hope you all are having a good weekend!

Cara ~ I went to your site and the Cuddle Ghan pictures look great! They're turning out so cute and I can't wait to see the Penguin, too. :yes

Hi Wendy!

Good morning ladies :flower

Yes, my weekend is off to a good start :yes I didn't get hardly any crochet time Thursday or Friday. So I went to take a nap at 9 o'clock last night and got up at 4 a.m. Everyone's asleep now for several more hours so I get time all to myself and my hook :hook With a little luck I'll finish this baby blanket today :yay :yay

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Good morning, all. I have a lot of cleaning and straightening and laundry to do today, so don't know how much time I'll have for crocheting.

Wendy, I didn't think it was terribly hard once I got the idea on how to do a quilt in crochet from Cara. I looked for a pattern that I liked in quilt books. One that didn't have curves in it. Then I thought about how to convert the lines into solid and bicolor squares. I followed the colors in the patchwork quilt pretty much for the yarn colors. The hardest part was figuring out what to do with the places that were lots of skinny strips of cloth. My rule of thumb there was to simplify while keeping the overall color scheme more or less intact. There were a couple of places that I modified the placement of squares or alignment of bicolor squares, because I thought the result was more in keeping with the overall pattern. Oh, this sounds so much harder on paper than it was when I did it!!! :thair Grrrrr..... For me, it wasn't nearly as hard as it sounds here. :no I am beginning to realize though, that some of the things that are easy for me, aren't as easy for others. Maybe this is one of those things. :yes I have always been able to visualize in my head how colors and things will go together before actually putting them together. In fact, they usually look even better when they are actually done than they are in my head. I do the same thing with spices and other ingrediants when I'm cooking. It's just something I can do.:shrug I've done the same thing with a cross stitch pattern to come up with a child's quiltghan with a lamb on it. That one has pink accents for a girl and blue accents for a boy. Yellow or green could be used if the sex is unknown.

Linda - *I* know what you mean! I have that same thing with cooking and spices! I can read a recipe and tell you if it will taste good or not - my tongue seems to be able to envision the flavors and my brain processes the words... and if I get to the end with a good taste in my mouth, voila! A good meal! LOL!

:heehee I can do that with crochet, sewing and painting. That's it :yes Now if I could get the hang of this winging it when you cook thing you ladies speak of maybe there wouldn't be so many tummy aches around here :lol I've had to do all the cooking for the last 25 years and we still have to throw things out and order pizza more often than I like :lol

Tabby, that's just another thing I do. Jump in at the deep end of the pool. If somebody tells me that you start doing this with the easy stuff and gradually work your way up to the hard stuff, I might do one easy or medium project, but then it's on to the hard stuff right away. Go figure!:think

Hi Ladies! DH just left for the airport and won't be back till Wednesday; the kids are at their new house waiting for the movers to unload...so here

I am with crochet time and I can't wait! :D I'll have to get this place back in order, but would rather crochet. :yes

You all are so creative and I love to read about your projects. Krystal, your RWB ghan is beautiful.:)

Julie ~ If you're checking up on us, hope you're having a great time!:manyheart

Hi there Mary. have fun crocheting, its nice to have time to yourself to just hang around and do crocheting and watch tv or movies.

I have been busy with the crochet cake and havent done anymore on the casa and I really wanted to get more done. This cake has to be finished by this thursday for a lady at work who is retiring.

Wendy ~ Can we see the cake when you're finished? I bet it's really cute! :yes

Cara ~ I have enough Bus ghan squares for 4 rows, I think. Now that you have put yours together, do you suggest rows or blocks? I know the rows are 19 squares, so am thinking it may be less bulky (and warm!) to do blocks. :think

Mary - I did mine in rows but boy howdy did I regret it in the afternoon :lol So blocks just might be the better path :D And do the border early in the a.m. when it's cooler :lol

Ooooooo, Wendy. A crochet cake. Makes me hungry for cake just thinking about it. You just have to take a picture of it and show us the end result. I looked at the pattern for one, but haven't ordered it yet.

Archived