Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Thanks, everyone. And Good Morning, too. The colors in it are Royal Blue, Delft Blue, Amethyst, Lavendar, and Soft Navy. I varied the pattern from the usual 2 solid rows alternating with 2 blended rows on this one. I did 3 rows of the Royal Blue, 3 rows of the Amethyst, 3 rows of the blended Amethyst and Navy, and 2 rows of the Navy on the outside only (none of it in the middle). Ended up with 33 rows instead of the usual 26 rows. Used 2 skeins of everything except the Amethyst, which used 2 and a half skeins.:)

I got 16 squares of Mr. Rooster sewed together last night before John got home. Still doesn't look like much since most of the squares are Buff.:lol

Then while watching Christmas movies last night I started a 3 strand RR out of left overs and odds and ends for me. None of the yarn matches each other so far and I don't think I've even used the same type of yarn much in it and definitely not any two the same color. I'm just crocheting until I run out of a color and then adding on something different. The first three were all in the beige family (one variegated, one with an occasional fleck of color, and one wrapped with a multicolored strand) and now I've got a light green, a light yellow, and a variegated blue. Sarge, of course, decided to alternately lay on either the blanket itself or on top of one or more of the strands of yarn and then bite the yarn as I pulled it from under him. The NUT!!!:cat

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.

Linda~I can't wait to see RR #11. You go girl! :cheerSarge reminds me of my parents cat Meekah. I can't crochet over there, she loves to attack & bite the yarn. I thought well maybe I can crochet with thread & she'll leave me be. Yeah right, instead of attacking the yarn she climbed in my bag & kept getting her head stuck in the handle hole. What a nut. :lol Gotta love em though. :manyheart

Linda, we had a cat back in the ice age...and he would sit by the skein of yarn and swipe and bite at it as it came out! They can be nutty, can't they?:yes

Sarge, of course, decided to alternately lay on either the blanket itself or on top of one or more of the strands of yarn and then bite the yarn as I pulled it from under him. The NUT!!!:cat

Ahhh I see we have the same crochet technique....sc, dc, sc, remove cat, dc :lol

Oh Valerie be careful saying you want a mini schnauzer around Kathy (losingmymind2) :yes She's got one she just might ship to you :rofl

Today is my day out :yay Hmmm, seems to have lost a little of its luster now that I can drive again :heehee But it's still a day with my little sister :manyheart We're actually gonna work on her Marketing project today. She's gone back to try one more time to finish her degree. I think it's funny though. I'm the one with the least amount of formal education in the family and they all come to me for help :lol Makes me feel appreciated anyway :D

Have a happy day y'all :manyheart

Ahhh I see we have the same crochet technique....sc, dc, sc, remove cat, dc :lol

You said it perfectly, Cara. :yes Can I add what I've been doing this a.m?...dust, remove cat, change sheets, remove cat, water plants, remove cat...:cat:D (Zoe even chases the vacuum cleaner!)

You said it perfectly, Cara. :yes Can I add what I've been doing this a.m?...dust, remove cat, change sheets, remove cat, water plants, remove cat...:cat:D (Zoe even chases the vacuum cleaner!)

Trouble is the one that chases the vacuum cleaner. While barking madly! Sarge hides from it. :lol :lol :lol

Good Morning, all. DH left this a.m. and will return tomorrow evening, so I've been on a roll since about 7. Another hour or so and it's "me time." :yes

Tracy ~ Does the 3 1/2 year old still take naps? ;) I hope you get some crochet time. :hook

Cara, Hope you have a great day out. I bet you're a big help with your DS's project. You'll have a whole new perspective and that always helps a lot! :manyheart

Tracy ~ Does the 3 1/2 year old still take naps? ;) I hope you get some crochet time. :hook

Unfortunately, not. :no His mom doesn't want him to sleep either during the day cos she says he gets up too early in the morning if he does. He gets up at 6:30 no matter what time he went to bed the night before (or how long a nap he had) and screams everyone awake! mmmm, I just realised why I feel so tired all the time. :lol I let him play on the computer for a while and got to crochet for half an hour. :D

Whew! :whew I'm beat! This project of my sister's has pretty much taken all day. But it's all done and then some now :yay

Valerie - I'm so sorry your vacation's getting interrupted. I sure hope the second part goes better for you :hug

I'm gonna catch up on some posts and hopefully get a little hook time in before bed. Or maybe I'll just to bed :lol

Night y'all :ghug

Hi ladies. It's Photo Friday! No pictures for me again - I've only done 2 rows of 20 squares each for Mr. Train since finishing my Fall Ghan. :blush

Valerie, I hope your ear ache is better; so sorry you have to go to work and interrupt your days off. :hug

Cara, what a day you had yesterday. Your sister is so lucky to have you and your creative skills. :manyheart (And we are, too!)

Morning, all. I'll take a picture later, after sewing a few more seams on Mr. Rooster. I've been working on a 3SURR for me in the evenings and Christmas gifts during the day this week.:lol

Good luck at work, Valerie. Hope you're feeling better. :hug

It's another sunny, chilly day here. Most of the leaves are now off the trees. The wind and rain really brought them down.

I'm so happy I found this! My best friend's mom is a quilter and she spent a good portion of last year passing on her knowledge to us. Being the busy and over-extended with too many projects person that I am, I never got past my first 3 squares, where as my best friend finished her quilt in a matter of months. Sewing is just not my thing. But I always kinda felt bad that I didn't see the project through to the end.

BUT, now I think I will crochet the same version of the quilt I was trying to sew and present it to her sometime next year, in appreciation for all the time and energy she took to teach us. And I won't feel like such a quitter! LOL!!!

I'm just thrilled to have found Crochetville and I'm having way too much fun filling up my binders with patterns to try!

Good morning ladies :flower

Almost noon :P I stayed up half the night working on converting the patterns to .pdf format. Guess I got on a roll :blush So they are now available as .pdfs if anyone has a preference. Some folks seem to that's why the conversion.

Alaina - Welcome to the group and the 'Ville :hug

Tracy - Grats on finishing the cot blanket! :yay

Linda - The 3SURR :lol :lol Very clever :wink

Once my head shrinks back down to normal size and I have a respectable caffeine blood content again I shall take photos :D

Archived