Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Startigerlily

Crocheted Dream Catcher

18 posts in this topic

I made this Dream Catcher as my final project for my Art Therapy II class. The crocheted part is the center of a doily that I found in an old issue of Decorative Crochet. That leather lacing was a pain in the butt to do! Love the result, but I'm not sure I'll ever attempt another one. :P

post-2196-135897524232_thumb.jpg

Thanks all for the nice comments. I like hearing your feedback. I gave my presentation on the dream catcher in class last night. It was well received by everyone. Somebody said I could probably start a business making and selling them. Don't know about that.

Very nice! I love making dream catchers, though I've never used crochet on one!

I've never tried to make one the traditional way. This was my first attempt at one. I chose to do crochet because it's something I already knew how to do and because the day I started it was the anniversary of my mom's death. Mom was a crocheter and although I didn't learn to crochet until a couple years after she died it's another connection to her. :)

i think you dream catcher is wonderful.... lovely..

Thanks all for the nice comments. I like hearing your feedback. I gave my presentation on the dream catcher in class last night. It was well received by everyone. Somebody said I could probably start a business making and selling them. Don't know about that.

I've never tried to make one the traditional way. This was my first attempt at one. I chose to do crochet because it's something I already knew how to do and because the day I started it was the anniversary of my mom's death. Mom was a crocheter and although I didn't learn to crochet until a couple years after she died it's another connection to her. :)

She would be so very proud of you! And it is a wonderful connection with your mom. I love your dreamcatcher:)

Your Dream Catcher is wonderful, so very beautiful. I would love to have that hanging in my house.