Artisan bread?

Momcrochets

I've been learning from my mom how to make her bread. This 3 attempt happened today, after 2 not-so-handsome/successful attempts late last year. Today. Happy success! Beautiful, light, bread!

a "glamour shot"

post-7396-135897520846_thumb.jpg

all 6 loaves: 3 regular, 3 mini--using every loaf pan I have :blush

post-7396-135897520853_thumb.jpg

of course, DD (5yo) loves the small loaves :yes

That looks so yummy. Any chance you'll share the recipe ?

I've been making my own bread for nearly 32yrs now. Once you start baking your own bread you won't want to eat store bought bread anymore. The recipe I use makes 6 loaves at once and then I freeze the extras.

I love the smell of freshly baked bread.:) Your bread looks wonderful.

Looks yummy! I made bread Easter morning (was supposed to be cinnamon rolls but ran out of time). It came out of the oven as DH and DD arrived. She had a long, cold ferry ride across Puget Sound from Seattle to Port Orchard. Could not go upstairs as she had Mia, her boxer, with her and she is "not a service dog." She was cold from the windy, rainy crossing. We sat around the bar in the kitchen and ate the whole still warm loaf while dinner finished in the oven (none left to eat with dinner!). You are so right, homemade bread is delicious! Once you build your confidence you will start experimenting with additions, making rolls, pizza dough, cinnamon rolls, etc. It is so satisfying to have the house smell so good.

Thank you everyone!

Darlene...actually I do make pizza dough. the recipe I use for that doesn't involve any yeast, so it's super easy. we have homemade pizza every friday. :)

We grew up on home-made bread, buns, cinnamon rolls. My mom still makes it all. Nothing in the world like homemade bread!

@ you experienced breadmakers...your compliments on my early efforts really feel great.

even sometimes picky DS (8yo) loved it, which proves it worked ;)

Archived