Bag with Popcorns from DROPS

tiffer93

I stumbled on this pattern via Ravelry, needing a purse that worked up quickly. I had always wanted to try a pattern from DROPS, so I gave it a shot. I'm quite pleased with the results! The popcorns remind me of Easter eggs, bright and cheerful. The colors also say Spring to me, so I thought it was the perfect bag for the season.

Link to the pattern is HERE, free from DROPS. This little bag worked up in just a few hours, and only took that long because I had to keep stopping to do other things. I used cotton ww and an "H" hook. I did add a couple extra rounds of sc between the popcorns, just for a little more definition from the top section. Here's some pictures :)

post-18684-135897517314_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

post-18684-135897517306_thumb.jpg

Very nice! It came out really, really nice. This is funny--you're the second person to post a bag project that I just recently found on Ravelry (I'm new there) on here today. The other one is the "Nordstrom" bag.

Love the cheerful colors.

OH that's CUTE!!!! Thanks for sharing this~did you/will you be lining it? That's the ONLY thing that's kept me from crocheting bags, as I cannot.sew.a.lick. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Sandi, I hadn't planned on lining this particular bag. The bottom is single crochet and the popcorns are fairly tight. I don't sew very well either so I try to find patterns that don't require it!

That bag is really springy. What was the name of the color you used? It is perfect for this time of the year.

Thanks for the link.:hook

Mary Jo the color is "Over the Rainbow from Lily Sugar'n Cream. It is perfect for the season!

What a pretty bag! The colors are great for summer! Seeing everyone's great bags that are being made with cotton, now I'm going to have to buy myself some cotton to make a summer bag for myself! :yes

Archived