Does this even look good?

I can't decide. I have one additiona color, it is close to the light color of the tri-color middle. I'm going to do 3 solid color striping passes and then go back to the multi every so often. I just can't decide if I like it or if it's ugly. I'm just not sure...

post-36556-135897516257_thumb.jpg

post-36556-135897516262_thumb.jpg

Amy, I like the color combo that you've used (coordinates well with the upholstery fabric behind it). When you continue with your variegated will you use the same open stitch/granny as in the center? Looking forward to seeing your finished project!

Flia - I wasn't going to make individual squares, I was just going to keep growing it outward.

Jeanne1 - I was going to go back to the open pattern whenever I use the variated. And I'm going to continue the long stitch pattern on the first row of the solids when it goes from one solid to another solid. Also, I never thought of keeping it for myself and putting on the back of the loveseat or drape it over the matching armchair, but maybe I will. Who knows?

I'm fairly new to this having only completed on thing ever, and I just want to try different stuff and see how it goes. Just if something is ugly right out of the gate I didn't want to waste time with it, you know?

Thanks for the answers. I'll post more as I go.

Cat - That's a good idea. I'm totally digging the long stitch look though. Hmmm... definitely worth a thought. I can always do the long stitch look on something else.

I think the colors work well together. Keep on going and show us a picture as you go along. Looks great so far! :cheer

I do like it. the colors work very well together.

I would either do another round of the light so you have a shaded look OR

do another couple rounds of the vari before you decide you don't like it.

Which ever way you go with - once you do the vari again and add some more color it's going to change the look of it.

I like it! But I have always liked blues and browns together. Why not add a fourth color and do a narrow (sc) row of the colonial blue in with the solids? Just a thought. But I DO like it as it is.

I decided to take it all out and use the same colors in a straight ripple. That is proving to be a challenge in and of itself, but I just got a great bit of advice on that (after starting over 3 times last night) so I'm going to try again when I get home. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for the opinions, everyone!!

Archived