Tattoo Artists??

Are there any tattoo artists here that could give me some ideas for a yarn/hook/needle design? I really want a design for the above mentioned but cannot think of any myself. I was also wondering about putting something crocheted, like a doily, behind an existing tattoo to brighten it up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I have been trying to come up with something for over a year. :hook

I apologize in advance for not having any suggestions to add to this thread, but the whole tatto/crochet connection thing made me think of that commercial that is out now for some new car, I can't think of which one now, but there are cartoon monsters and toys in human size in the commercial, and there is a human-sized sock monkey in there. They show him on a jet ski, and they show him getting a tattoo, and he's sitting in the tattoo parlor and the tatto artist is stitching the tattoo on his arm with a needle and thread! It's a heart that says "Mom", and I thought it was hilarious that a sock monkey would get a tattoo with a needle and thread! Now every time I see a sock monkey here that someone has crocheted I think of that! :lol

I saw that sock monkey commercial and thought it was funny too! I have some beginner crochet books...maybe I will look through them for some inspiration. Please...I welcome any ideas:think I have no imagination :lol

are you meaning you want to put a crochet theam ON your skin as a tattoo. or you want to crochet something that "looks" like a tattoo lol..

and I LOVE that comerical with the life size toys. I forget what car too but the sock monkey getting "tattoo'd" was funny

A crochet themed Tattoo? Well THAT ought to put the rest that crochet is for old ladies!

How about a 'chain' around your ankle with a hook on top of your foot?

I will warn you if you get one on your foot you will not be able to wear shoes for about 2 weeks so wait until Summer. I have 2 on each foot and one is a cherry blossom vine around my ankle with a cherry blossom in the middle of my foot and was unable to wear shoes to work for two weeks after that. luckily worked in Florida so it wasn't a big deal.

If you have a good tattoo artist that you normally go to they can usually design something for you for free.

I know two great artists that own shops and both of them know "nothing" about crocheting, yarn or knitting. I want something different that will show my love of crocheting but am not very creative when it comes to "graphics". I'll keep searching and working with them to see if we can come up with something. I told them I will teach them how to crochet so they will have a better understanding of what I'm talking about :lol. Thanks for the great suggestions - I love the Yarrrrn one!

Dancing Stitches, I was googling around to see if "yarny" was a legitimate adjective (questionable, lol) and came across a series of needly (legit.) tattoos that might give you some ideas. Albeit a bit big, I like the first one, but the fourth includes a crochet hook in the design. You can check them out here: Tattoos

Archived