Artistic opinion needed

shelain22

Question

I saw a round ripple the other day done in pink red and white and I just loved it! I decided to duplicate the colors for a baby blanket so I went to walmart but could not find pink and red in any brand baby yarn. No suprise there but I thaught caron simply soft caried a red but if they so walmart dosent know it. So I found pink and red in mainstays and got it. Somehow the colors just dont look right to me but I got them anyway. If the lady who made that blanket reads this could you tell me what kind of yarn you used? I am not sure if the mainstays is what I want for a baby blanket anyway.

If you were making a baby blanket for a little girl what colors would you use?

Valerie

13 answers to this question

I am planning on starting one in a month or so and I will make it with some pink, a little brown and the "new green".

Something like "Baby's Every Ware" post... plug it in the search tool to see it

I think it depends who the blanket is for. The last few baby blankets I made were in untraditional colors because the mothers/babies I was making them for would appreciate that more. I made one in a sort of beige with lavender, celery green, slate blue and sort of a dusty rose running through it for one friend because I knew she hated baby pastels, for example.

Those color ideas are great!! I just looked on knitting warehouse's site and caron somply soft does come in red, the only problem is the only place to buy yarn within 2 hours is walmart and I am on bedrest for the next 2 weeks and cannot travel. My lovely husband, seeing the exasperated look on my face, offered to go to michaels today since he is working in memphis. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he finds a competent sales person to help him since he has never been in a craft store. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him to take a picture of the yarn Isle with his cell so I could download it and drool.:manyheart

That is wonderful that your hubby offered to yarn shop for you! What a gem!

My husband has gone with me to yarn stores but mostly keeps asking "Are you done yet?" LOL

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Thank you, I am scheduled for delivery on the 12th of aug. I think he just feels sorry for me. That or either he just wants to keep me busy stitchin, I try to be sweet but hormones plus stircrazy makes Valerie a very ill girl!!!:devil

I'd use yellow because it was the first favorite color of both my daughter and her (close in age) cousin. Children seem to be attracted to sunny colors. If not bright yellow then maybe: muted yellow, soft peach, and a very pale yellor or tinted-beige. By tinted-beige I mean one that has hues of sunset orange but isn't really. You see it in wall paint sometimes, blue-whites for example. I might also be inclined to do one in shades of blue like the ocean; deep royal blue, "traditional" blue, and a bright sky blue that isn't too far on the teal or pale side.

Good luck and congratulations!

Holiday

My husband has gone with me to yarn stores but mostly keeps asking "Are you done yet?" LOL

This made me giggle.. My husband goes with me mainly to keep me on budget :blush The last time we went into AC Moore I was looking at fun fur and he got sidetracked by something, he turned around for a moment and I disappeared into the world of yarn.. oohing and aahing over the softies..

He wanders around the aisles for a few minutes before encountering a sales lady who asks him "May I help you find something?"

He replies, in a very proper British accent with just a hint of panic in it.. "yes.. my wife!"

:devil

He found me, elbows deep in cashmere and mohair.... drooling on myself.. :blush He did take mercy and let me buy some Bernat :lol

I could never take my husband to a craft or yarn store. He would follow me around saying "You don't NEED that. Don't you have enough yarn at home?"

Ok he may be right, but where is the fun in that?:hook

Archived