Where did www.ljccrochetdesigns.com go?

I went to Crochet Poet the other night looking for something and nothing in particular, and I was browsing the thousands of links on that site, there were SO many of them that were dead. Since Celt's site is gone and AOL closed their Hometown pages down, a LOT of patterns have gone the way of the dodo. Fortunately, Celt has her Yahoo group so those patterns can still be accessed if you apply for membership to the group, but all the other ones seem to be just gone, gone, gone. :(

You could always make a crochet folder on the computer. Then just copy and paste the patterns into a word document and save them to that folder.

You could always make a crochet folder on the computer. Then just copy and paste the patterns into a word document and save them to that folder.

it might would be easier to save the page to the computer, in the folder. or to download a pdf maker and "print" the website as a pdf to the computer.

sandy

The only thing with saving to your computer is if you don't back it up it will be gone to.

thank goodness I thought of that a few months ago & bought a flash drive for all my crochet stuff. My computer got a bug 2 weeks ago; I would have lost them all.

thank goodness I thought of that a few months ago & bought a flash drive for all my crochet stuff. My computer got a bug 2 weeks ago; I would have lost them all.

Same here!! I have a 16 gig flash drive that I keep my patterns and other pertinant files on. I just had a nasty and persistent virus a few weeks ago. If I hadn't kept everything backed up on that flash drive I would have lost everything!

Same here!! I have a 16 gig flash drive that I keep my patterns and other pertinant files on. I just had a nasty and persistent virus a few weeks ago. If I hadn't kept everything backed up on that flash drive I would have lost everything!

It wouldn't hurt to check your flash drive with a virus scan program. It's possible that an infected file is on the flash drive too & might then be back on your computer. Doesn't hurt to be safe.

It wouldn't hurt to check your flash drive with a virus scan program. It's possible that an infected file is on the flash drive too & might then be back on your computer. Doesn't hurt to be safe.

Way ahead of ya on that one ;)

Thanks though!

I'm printing out the ones I like and putting them in a notebook. Now I'm glad I'm doing that!

i do the same thing i have a huge notebook now because there are so many i keep but i figure if my puter crashes i will still have them and also if a site closes

Archived