i need ideas on what to make

I have a friend who has had a tragedy in her and her families lives. About a Year ago my friends brother was murdered and the family is missing him greatly . They are still dealing with there loss as well as having to go through the hard times of a court case making sure the person responsible is held accountable for his crime. I want to make something for her and something for her mother. But i cant think of what could be approperiate to make and send to them. If anyone has any ideas of what type of thing that is respectful and thoughtful that i can help them with there loss of this wonderful man in there life , taken from them way to soon. I appreciate any ideas.

Ive been thinking about this for a week or so now and i think i will make a blankets for them, but i want to put some thing on the blanket like words the mans name or something like that but im not sure how to go about it, can any one give me some guidance if u know how to do that type of thing?:hook

Here are some pictures of the one blanket i finished for my friends mother but im not sure if i like the lettering i did on it , its my first time trying it. i just want it to be special for them. any suggestions?

post-30685-135897511092_thumb.jpg

post-30685-135897511107_thumb.jpg

post-30685-13589751111_thumb.jpg

hmm....that's a hard one, maybe some lapghans or prayer shawls? Are they religious? Maybe like a cross bookmark for their bibles and you could include some scripture verses on comfort and that sort of thing? HTH :)

I like the idea of a prayer shawl or a lapghan. If you make a lapghan I suggest you make it using the deceased loved one's favorite colors. Or the colors of his favorite sports team. If they live in a cold climate maybe a scarf made in his favorite colors. If they go to church how about a tote bag to carry their Bibles to church in. I am certain whatever you decide to make it will be received with love because it was made and given in love. :hug

There is a site that will make a graph for a graphghan pattern from a photo of someone. Why not have them make a graph of a photo of the family's loved one and make an afghan (or even a pillow) with the image for each of them? There have been a couple of people here who have used the site I'm referring to and the afghans that they made have been just unbelievable! It would take a while, but really no longer than an afghan made from somewhat involved motifs. The finished product is WELL worth the work that goes into it. I will try to find the link to the site that provides this service.

A shawl. Every time they wear it - it's a hug from you.

I agree with RoseRed. I've made many shawls for people and they love them. It helps give them comfort to know that someone else is thinking of them.

Just my two cents...the shawl sounds nice...something soft . But depending on the age of your friend (is she's younger) maybe a scarf would be good as she might wear it more often. (like to court or whatever for stregnth and show support) Soft and as was said in favorite colors--maybe with fringe that you could add beads too. I've seen the beads with alphabet on them....you could add "always remembered" or a name. The shawl might be good for the Mother. How very thoughtful of you....blessings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived