Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

Good Morning! Well I actually have finished 2.5 skiens of the homspun and I was fixing to add fringe at the ends. However I have never worked with homespun before.. wouldn't the fringe just unravel horribly? Lion brand's site actually encourages to use the fringe in a pryer shawl with homespun but still a little worried. Can anyone suggest?

not necessarily...Homespun is not a yarn that unravels well. I think it will be fine...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The shih tzus are a male, allegedly 3 years old, brown and white and the largest. Charlie is the father of the younger female, who is black and white, as is her mom, and about a year old. She was either Lily or Daisy, but didn't answer to the name, so I'm calling her Lucy. The mom is two and terribly matted, as is Charlie. They are actually felted in places and since I don't want a dog with dredlocks I'm having to cut them out. Luckily they like being groomed and stay still on the little table I use for them. I don't know if I'll be done with Daisy for quite a while as she's the most felted up. Hopefully Lucy won't mind the grooming.

They are teaching my schnauzers some good manners, as they understand when I go out the door and tell them 'STAY' they aren't supposed to knock me over trying to escape in a stampede.

Warms my heart to know that you are taking care of neglected doggies. I guess they will look kind of funny for a while if you are having to cut out the mats, but I am sure they will be looking great when it all grows out. Glad for you that they have some manners. It helps when you are dealing with lots of animals. Keep up the good work.:cheer:cheer

Good Morning! Well I actually have finished 2.5 skiens of the homspun and I was fixing to add fringe at the ends. However I have never worked with homespun before.. wouldn't the fringe just unravel horribly? Lion brand's site actually encourages to use the fringe in a pryer shawl with homespun but still a little worried. Can anyone suggest?

For ease of care, since anytime I see fringe recommended they say to dry flat...I would leave it off a Homespun shawl or scarf. I use Homespun often, so it's a personal opinion...up to you in the end!

Thank you for your suggustions ladies. I just got home from work and plan to finish the shawl off tonight after I work on some spreadsheets & pick up the DD. Got to go now or I will never get to the school work. I will get back to you in a few. Bye for now.

Jules...that's so nice:c9

Gracey, that really DOES look like stained glass! Great job!:clap:clap

I'm making a couple more squares today and then joining more..

Morning Marlene and Jude

Working on your Jacksons today or something else ?

We all seem to never have a shortage of IDEAS do we ?

Darn it if I didnt think up 2 more CAL ideas that just popped into my head, but I absolutely REFUSE to start another til I complete at least one if not 2 of the ones I am doing .

I can't juggle any others. I don't know why my brain does that, but once in awhile it's like a POWER SURGE . :eek

It'll just make a huge BUZZING SOUND like high power lines,then ZAP --- more ideas in my head .

GEEZ...it's not easy being green . :D

Jules...don't you dare start another CAL - yet:lol

What about a "whatever purse pattern you choose to use" CAL?

And yes, I have a pattern I've been wanting to make:devil

I'm working on Jackson today...:hook

You guys have known me for so long you can read my mind ...

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking as ONE . I found the cutest purse pattern on the planet .

Well, I FOUND it, then LOST it .

I THINK I printed it out, but can't figure out where I put it . :think

My gosh, I am a DINGBAT anymore .

But YEP, you did guess right, you ornery little missies ,you .

I'm trying to refrain if possible til I get these other things a little further along ..but we shall see how long THAT lasts .:lol

Archived