Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

Yeah I was jusr running up and down the isle just grabbing. I should of picked up the whole set of light up hooks since they were on sale at 2.99 each. Well I have the worst migraine right now but still alive (for the moment). Feeling bad enough that I just resorted to ordering pizza for the fam. I think I going to get off now..thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I was jusr running up and down the isle just grabbing. I should of picked up the whole set of light up hooks since they were on sale at 2.99 each. Well I have the worst migraine right now but still alive (for the moment). Feeling bad enough that I just resorted to ordering pizza for the fam. I think I going to get off now..thanks

:hug:hug:hugFeel better

Just back from yarn shopping, DBF got me two skeins of yarn, a set of yarn hooks, and size 8 circular needles. They didn't have the pink I wanted but they had the teal and I got a skein of a sort of pale bluey/turquoise. Not the sort of colour I usually go for, I'm more of a deep rich colour girl so I'm not quite sure what I'll do with it, maybe make a baby ghan for one of my friends that's expecting.

Jude- yep, I envy people like you that can keep so much going at once. It boggles my brain .

Your brain is too busy thinking up innovative ideas, which is why you can't do multiple projects!:yes

Getting ready to go yarn shopping with DBF to see if can find the pink I need. Breakfast in bed and yarn shopping, may have to keep this one.

Oh, definitely a keeper!!

...and I like the sound of the color of that yarn you ended up with!

Melany, I sure hope you feel much better soon.

I feel fine, but unusually tired. Not sure why, since I didn't get up until 8:30 this morning and I didn't do much today, just some laundry and ran a few errands, (and dh even drove me around.) Dh also made dinner and cleaned up afterwards.

Grace- well, 8 months is pretty long to still be getting breakfast in bed, so i'd hang onto him for awhile ! Sounds like a good one !

LeAnna and Jude- yea, you guys are lucky you can multi-task. I never was good at that,even as a kid in school. I loved school ,and loved the big projects, but totally wanted to work on nothing else but that until done. I guess I have a one-track mind or something, and sometimes it's on the wrong track,going towards another train !

Melany- hope you feel better today .

Cindy- hope you get your MOJO back,as Tab calls it. I lose mine like that too sometimes .

A lot more lately ..

Thank you guys! I do feel a little better today just a small headache right now. Last night it was horrible my migraine was so bad i couldn't sleep.. lol I was actually laying in bed (lights off) with my sunglasses on so I could watch the olympics. :). I do think I will play it safe and not go out today as long as its getting better. Probably call my parents in a little and ask them to take the kids to church (dh is working as usual).

Back to hooks and yarn though I hope to spend the day catching up on some baby caps I haven't made any in a few weeks so I think it will be time well spent if I just need to have a lazy day.

Grace- well, 8 months is pretty long to still be getting breakfast in bed, so i'd hang onto him for awhile ! Sounds like a good one !

LeAnna and Jude- yea, you guys are lucky you can multi-task. I never was good at that,even as a kid in school. I loved school ,and loved the big projects, but totally wanted to work on nothing else but that until done. I guess I have a one-track mind or something, and sometimes it's on the wrong track,going towards another train !

Melany- hope you feel better today .

Cindy- hope you get your MOJO back,as Tab calls it. I lose mine like that too sometimes .

A lot more lately ..

Sometimes a one track mind is a good thing. Sometimes I really have to work hard to stay on task on anything. Been hard lately to focus on anything for very long...

I think there are advantages to both ways as well. I love to start new projects, but am very slow at finishing things. I get bored quite easily so I put things away.

I would be ashamed to say how many unfinished projects I actually have. Some are very well hidden, so that I don't feel too guilty.

Juliekay

I would like to get in this cal but I have a few other things I have to get done, our club is doing a charity afghan and I have a couple strips to do on it then I have 2 baby ghans one to finish and the other to start.

Is there a deadline on this one?

I think this one is a pretty one Maybe I could do it in bernat baby yarn and make a baby ghan! all of the other baby ghans are done in diagonal.

Will have to think about it.

Kathy

We'll all be waiting to see your completed afghan !

Evelyn - you are more than welcome to start anytime ! There's no deadline at all on it, and there are ladies still working on it, & may be others who will join in along the way. I know Judy is making hers a huge one so will be in and out checking in .

I'd love to see it done in a baby size, it'd be really pretty .

So stop on in whenever you are ready .

Hi, ladies!

Evelyn, mine is going to be huge, so I will be here for quite some time, as Jules mentioned:D Feel free to visit till you're ready to start yours and we'll cheer you on!

I think there are advantages to both ways as well. I love to start new projects, but am very slow at finishing things. I get bored quite easily so I put things away.

I would be ashamed to say how many unfinished projects I actually have. Some are very well hidden, so that I don't feel too guilty.

A year before we moved back to the states I went through all my WIP's and UFO's and whittled them down to 10...was really brutal about frogging those I knew I would never finish...sometimes a WIP turns out to be more of an experiment that sounded better in my head than what it actually turned out to be. I can safely say though that for the most part, I finish more things than start and never finish, but I must have frogged 10 to 15 projects that time. I've lost track of my WIP's now, but I'll get 'em figured out. Meanwhile, still juggling the 3 afghans...my Lenten project will be to finish them all before Easter if not sooner.

The Mayflower baby afghan is 2/3's done and it is really nice...I didn't work on any squares for the Jackson afghan, but I have only 5 more to do there and I haven't touched the Tree of Life for a few days now...but it's well over 3/4's done...

I think it's going to be a baby boom this year...my youngest brother's wife is expecting their first (but his second) baby in August and I just found out a friend of mine is expecting her first around the same time and I keep thinking there is someone else expecting too...not to mention my neighbor (and friend) becoming a grandma for the first time. It's all good.

LeAnna, that's fun....more baby blankies to make!!:clap

Yeah, I can't believe the afghan kick I'm on at the moment...

Archived