Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The end is near. I've only got six squares left:cheer unfortunately they're the sc squares and the slowest going. Oh well back to work.:hook:crocheting

Change of plans, it's not going to be long enough I need to add another row. I would also like to outline each square in about half an inch of black. Anyone know how I would do that because I've never tied anything like that.

The end is near. I've only got six squares left:cheer unfortunately they're the sc squares and the slowest going. Oh well back to work.:hook:crocheting

Change of plans, it's not going to be long enough I need to add another row. I would also like to outline each square in about half an inch of black. Anyone know how I would do that because I've never tied anything like that.

I just did this on a baby afghan. 2 rows of sc around each square. 3 sc in each corner and make sure you have the same # of sc along each side. You may have to increase or decrease on the first round to accomplish this. Example: If you have 24 stitches in the last row of the square, you would have 3 sc in corner, 22 sc along edge and 3 sc in next corner. Then you would evenly space 22 sc along the side of the square and another 3sc in next corner. Hope you can understand this because I am not very good at explaining.

Sherri your afghan looks great. Lots of nice colors.

I haven't started mine yet. I did get a few rows done on my lace and bobbles. I started a sweater from my granddaughter. We have a wedding in April so she need a sweater to go with her new dress.

Were under the weather here. Have sinus/cold sickness going on. I hope it goes away soon.

Jude- I can tell you are on a mission today --something tells me you are on a finishing spree and are shortly gonna present some gorgeous new afghans for us to see.

And here I sit gabbing .

QUICK !!! Where's my hook ????

I gotta catch up and get something done today !!

I just did this on a baby afghan. 2 rows of sc around each square. 3 sc in each corner and make sure you have the same # of sc along each side. You may have to increase or decrease on the first round to accomplish this. Example: If you have 24 stitches in the last row of the square, you would have 3 sc in corner, 22 sc along edge and 3 sc in next corner. Then you would evenly space 22 sc along the side of the square and another 3sc in next corner. Hope you can understand this because I am not very good at explaining.

Still no idea what I'm doing but I've got a while before I need to outline so I'll just figure it out when I get there.

I have, let's see, about 17 or so squares done...am on the 3rd color...my colors are pink, burgandy, gray and black...there will be 7 pink, 8 gray, 8 burgandy and 7 black...squares will be outlined in black before I crochet them together...

LeAnna

Your colors sound outstanding. Should be very beautiful together !

Sherri- don't feel bad, I have months on end with nothing completed. I do more YAKKING than crocheting .

Thanks...I've been struggling getting projects completed for several months myself...I know how you feel.

Archived