Tunisian CAL Anyone?

Braxxi

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After I did the five stitches in the little booklet that came with my Tunisian hooks, I remembered something that I had made years ago. Only then it was called Afghan-Stitch. It is a Better Homes and Gardens Copyright 1989by Meredith Corp. It is called Afghan Stitch Crochet. It has afghans, gifts, kids patterns.... Finding an old pattern book is like getting a new one. lol:clap:lol:lol

Afghan stitch and Tunisian stitch is the same thing. You're lucky to have the book.

After I did the five stitches in the little booklet that came with my Tunisian hooks, I remembered something that I had made years ago. Only then it was called Afghan-Stitch. It is a Better Homes and Gardens Copyright 1989by Meredith Corp. It is called Afghan Stitch Crochet. It has afghans, gifts, kids patterns.... Finding an old pattern book is like getting a new one. lol:clap:lol:lol

Well, I have 30 tunisian squares made in baby colors done. That should make the blanket about 38" x 43" hooked together. I am going to start that this evening. Pic to follow. How is everyone else doing?

I finished my sampler blanket tonight. :clap It's in the wash right now, so I'll try to post a pic later tonight or tomorrow.

1wani - can't wait to see the finished product of your squares. :D

Got about 1/3 of blanket done. Does the joining look OK? I made it up from something I had done before. Joining is done with baby/sport weight yarn #3. Squares done in worsted weight. Seems to be working though.

post-35625-13589750379_thumb.jpg

If the curl bothers you, you might consider frogging the edging and using a smaller hook or decreasing the number of stitches. It looks to me like the edging is too big for the blanket. Blanket is still very pretty. I like the colors. :manyheart

I love the colors. I might do something like that. As for the curling, maybe you could do rounds of dc around the edge alternating the colors you used. And instead of stitching in the top of the stitch, stitch between the stitches so it'll still look like the rest of the blanket. If you know what I mean. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe use hdc or sc instead so the edging won't be as tall and still look like the rest of the blanket. I hope you get what I mean. I'm not sure if I could explaine it well enough. :)

((((waves at Southern peach))) HELLOOOOO Neibor :) lol,, not like you can't guess who this is!!!

its looking good! you caught on fast too!. now to show you Purl and knit stich on friday :)

whoot whoot! i'll get a pic of my ghan after i get this housefulla monsters eating lol. im on row 32 of 200.

Hey! I just started my first Tunisian stitch afghan! Im in the process of uploading pics! I got the first 6 rows done!

Looking good so far. Keep up the good work. :cheer:cheer

I just finished me a tunisian square for a dish cloth, Im trying to figure out how to keep it from rolling up... it's rather annoying especially cause I wanna take and upload pics of it! I made it while I was working 3rd shift, and everybody watched me... LOL

I think Im gonna scrap the red blanket I started and make it into something else once I get a bigger hook. I think this time I am going to do smaller squares and stitch them together instead of one big square... I wonder if this way it will help with the rolling of the square in general? I made my first dish cloth! It didnt roll up as much but I used a differnt crochet hook too.. Ah well, Im gonna try other projects tonight at work! WoooT!

Archived