Ripples in the Water

solaceinmusic

Let's all make some waves together :D

I've never gotten the hang of the ripple so have decided to do a crochet-a-long to do one or two or......

so join if you'd like to make a ripple project... either a rectangular ripple, round ripple, afghan, baby blanket or dishcloth doesn't matter it's what you choose.

so lets all have some fun and make some waves and get to know each other :)

starts with a drop

and spreads out from there

no boundaries

endless waves

a single pebble

so many waves...

ripples in the water

without boundaries

ever widening

never the same

one pebble

so many possibilities...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be doing this one...

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ripple-afghan-3

for those not on ravelry you can find it here

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/LW1441+Ripple+Afghan.htm

but with Red Heart Light and Lofty in cafe au lait and pheasant

That sounds really pretty Sarah :) I will have to think about it, I made so many ripple afghans the past few years that I don't know if I could make another one without going insane :lol There is a pattern for a round ripple that I would like to do though... Hmm... possibly in the new year before Aly gets too big for it :)

I have 2 scrap ripples that I have been plugging away at for 6 months (not constantly, of course :lol). I would love to finish them and maybe some encouragement is just what I need. So count me in! One is using scraps of reds, navys and greys. The other is alternating rows of pretty scraps with a pastel variegated.

I love ripples, I think they are beautiful. Unfortunately ripples are one of those projects where I spend almost as much time running my hand over them (they feel so nice :dreaming) as I do crocheting :rofl

I have been rather busy lately what with a sick child (nothing serious) and Christmas coming, but hopefully I can find some ripple time soon.

Although I have no ripples currently going and am not in need of one, I have been peeking in here. If I decide to make one I will be back.

I have 2 scrap ripples that I have been plugging away at for 6 months (not constantly, of course :lol). I would love to finish them and maybe some encouragement is just what I need. So count me in! One is using scraps of reds, navys and greys. The other is alternating rows of pretty scraps with a pastel variegated.

I love ripples, I think they are beautiful. Unfortunately ripples are one of those projects where I spend almost as much time running my hand over them (they feel so nice :dreaming) as I do crocheting :rofl

I have been rather busy lately what with a sick child (nothing serious) and Christmas coming, but hopefully I can find some ripple time soon.

I read this and started to laugh!! :rofl I though I was the only one that did this!! When I made my daughters RR it took me longer because I kept taking petting breaks. :lol

That sounds really pretty Sarah :) I will have to think about it, I made so many ripple afghans the past few years that I don't know if I could make another one without going insane :lol There is a pattern for a round ripple that I would like to do though... Hmm... possibly in the new year before Aly gets too big for it :)

thank you Diana =0) don't worry we'll still be here... big projects take me awhile since I have my son to chase around first, then I get crochet time =0) Aly would probably love a blanket by mommy, I know Keith loves all the ones I've made (I have to fight him for one when it gets cold as he likes to take them ALL)

I still have to complete my "Ripple me this" ghan. I think maybe I will sign on in hopes that I can finally get that one made.

Colour me in :wlol

welcome come on in the water's nice :lol

this will be my first ripple... so should be fun. I have a 3 year old son so can understand how busy you can get when they get sick :hug hope you can find some crochet time soon =0)

I have ripples in progress and ripples that need to be started, so I guess Ripple in the Water would be a good home for me. Count me in!

=0) welcome glad to have you here

Although I have no ripples currently going and am not in need of one, I have been peeking in here. If I decide to make one I will be back.

I read this and started to laugh!! :rofl I though I was the only one that did this!! When I made my daughters RR it took me longer because I kept taking petting breaks. :lol

Glad I'm not alone! :lol

that's happened to me but it wasn't a ripple project... it was my purple blanket done out of LB homespun =0)

this will be my first ripple... so should be fun. I have a 3 year old son so can understand how busy you can get when they get sick :hug hope you can find some crochet time soon =0)

Thanks for the warm welcome and for starting this CAL. These are my 2nd and 3rd rectangular ripples and I've made several round ripples. I enjoy them, so good luck with yours! I couldn't see the link on Ravelry because I'm not a member :(. What colour(s) are you using? My DD is 4, almost 5 :eek, and it is never easy when they are sick :no

Thanks for the warm welcome and for starting this CAL. These are my 2nd and 3rd rectangular ripples and I've made several round ripples. I enjoy them, so good luck with yours! I couldn't see the link on Ravelry because I'm not a member :(. What colour(s) are you using? My DD is 4, almost 5 :eek, and it is never easy when they are sick :no

here's the link on coats and clark (and I modified the main page to add it too)

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/LW1441+Ripple+Afghan.htm

doing it in cafe au lait and pheasant light and lofty =0) bought the yarn when it was on clearance at Wal-mart and just been trying to figure out what to do w/ it

it's never easy when they get sick no matter what age they get to be

I have 5 ripples in progress. No, I don't like ripples, not me. They are all on hold until after the first but I'm in. I will check in between now and the but after the first I will definitely be in ripple-mode.

Welcome, lol yeah I'd say you like ripples.

I'm going to try and start mine tonight but I probably won't get much work on it done until after Christmas as I've still got a lot of wrapping yet to do (actually still have to wrap all my presents)

I had a ripple blanket my grandma made me when I was a child but somewhere in all my moves it got lost so going to try and make myself another one (actually two since I've got some simply soft yarn I'm going to make another ripple out of :D)

here's the link on coats and clark (and I modified the main page to add it too)

doing it in cafe au lait and pheasant light and lofty =0) bought the yarn when it was on clearance at Wal-mart and just been trying to figure out what to do w/ it

it's never easy when they get sick no matter what age they get to be

Oh that will be pretty! I got 6 rows done on my navy/red/gray ripple tonight :yay I figure I've got about 30 to go, so it doesn't seem so bad when I think of it that way!

Hi!!! I might join in the new years. I have a 7 foot long blanket to make & he wants a double stranded ripple. :faint

Hello, welcome. sounds like one BIG blanket :lol

Yikes... lol I can work w/ 4 strands but for some reason 2 always gives me trouble... go figure... maybe it's the hook size, 4 takes a Q hook and for me it's soo much easier to use for some reason....

Oh that will be pretty! I got 6 rows done on my navy/red/gray ripple tonight :yay I figure I've got about 30 to go, so it doesn't seem so bad when I think of it that way!

:yay for getting the rows done. isn't it crazy how if you think about how much you got done, or have to do makes it not seem so bad?

so a little about myself... I'm a 30 year old SAHM to a very active 3 year old boy (Keith) who I tend to post a lot about :D, so my crochet time is when he takes a nap (not often lately) and after he goes to bed. My other hobbies include cross stitch, embroidery, drawing, floral arrangements/wreaths, jewelry making and I'm a huge bookworm... though my SAHM status may change w/ the new year as I'll be job hunting now that we have a second vehicle. I've been crocheting for a long time now but only in the last 10 years or so been learning to do stitches beyond single and double crochet that my grandma taught my sister and I (which was when we were about 7 or 8 or so)

Hello, welcome. sounds like one BIG blanket :lol

Yikes... lol I can work w/ 4 strands but for some reason 2 always gives me trouble... go figure... maybe it's the hook size, 4 takes a Q hook and for me it's soo much easier to use for some reason....

He wants a blanket made out of the JoAnns Sensations Rainbow Classic. So it will be with a Q hook. :yes He's 5 foot already at 10. So 7 foot blankie should last till he dies eh?

He wants a blanket made out of the JoAnns Sensations Rainbow Classic. So it will be with a Q hook. :yes He's 5 foot already at 10. So 7 foot blankie should last till he dies eh?

yeah that sounds about right lol.... I've never worked w/ any of JoAnns yarns (strange huh given that I worked there for about 4 months? :lol ) doesn't sound so hard now that you mentioned you'd be using a Q hook :)

:yay I've made it past the 1st row... :lol the first row usually mangages to defeat me but I made it this time... funny that it should be w/ the fluffy yarn that's hard to see the stitches instead of the worsted weight yarns I've tried w/ before...

Archived