Ripples in the Water

solaceinmusic

Jenniferelyse - Those are beautiful!

I know what you are saying about those last rounds taking so long, but in the round projects start out gangbusters and make you feel like you get so much accomplished. I think it's a trade off.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferelyse - Those are beautiful!

I know what you are saying about those last rounds taking so long, but in the round projects start out gangbusters and make you feel like you get so much accomplished. I think it's a trade off.

I've only done two large round projects... one was a Q hook 4 strand rug and the other was my tree skirt... it sure felt good to get those final rounds done and see how big it was =0)

I agree about the final rounds of a ripple. The pink and white I made for my step-daughter's bedroom seemed to take forEVER to make it large enough for her queen size bed.

The ones I make from now on will most likely be for NICU babies and those will go much faster.

I agree about the final rounds of a ripple. The pink and white I made for my step-daughter's bedroom seemed to take forEVER to make it large enough for her queen size bed.

The ones I make from now on will most likely be for NICU babies and those will go much faster.

I can't imagine making one that big. kudos to you for doing that =0)

You are so right about the last rounds taking forever, but the end result is definitely worth the effort. I like the RRs much better than the rectangular ones. I've done both and got bored with the rectangular ones. That doesn't seem to happen with the RRs, maybe because I'm changing the yarn combination every two rows, which changes the look of it. I'm down to the last few rows on the one for my neighbor. Yeah! :hook It's a good thing, because Christmas is almost here. Yikes! :eek

You are so right about the last rounds taking forever, but the end result is definitely worth the effort. I like the RRs much better than the rectangular ones. I've done both and got bored with the rectangular ones. That doesn't seem to happen with the RRs, maybe because I'm changing the yarn combination every two rows, which changes the look of it. I'm down to the last few rows on the one for my neighbor. Yeah! :hook It's a good thing, because Christmas is almost here. Yikes! :eek

Looking forward to seeing the picture of it finished. I haven't tried the round ripples yet, but after all the stuff I did in the round for Chrismtas I'm rounded out (4 balls in Christmas colors, 5 ornaments and the centerpiece for kitchen table) LOL... we'll see how I feel about working in the round again after the new year... so far I'm enjoying the rectangle ripple I'm working on, nice and simple, though the initial chain took awhile LOL I learned not to chain something while Keith is counting lights (or anything) as I kept losing track of how many I had chained LOL

Oh, yes. Please post pics. We would love to see.

I have pics of 2 more projects to share. These are 2 ghans that I am making for my boys (ages 4 and 8). They are not ripples but the title of the pattern is something Waves. I figured it would fit with this CAL since it has to do with Ripples in the Water. I will have to search for the pattern as I have misplaced it. The second one has a variation to the pattern by the row of DC that I am doing in red. I want them to have similar ghans but be able to tell them apart. I am about 1/4 done with both.

post-23834-135897487813_thumb.jpg

post-23834-135897487818_thumb.jpg

I have pics of 2 more projects to share. These are 2 ghans that I am making for my boys (ages 4 and 8). They are not ripples but the title of the pattern is something Waves. I figured it would fit with this CAL since it has to do with Ripples in the Water. I will have to search for the pattern as I have misplaced it. The second one has a variation to the pattern by the row of DC that I am doing in red. I want them to have similar ghans but be able to tell them apart. I am about 1/4 done with both.

very cool =0) and yep this is for Ripples/Waves... anything like that even shells would fit in since they're water themed =0)

Very nice! And what a good way for them to be able to tell them apart.

I've started the last band of color on Rosie's RR. There will be two or three rows of the dark green depending on how much is left on the two skeins.

Hi everyone. I finally finished the RR for my neighbors. It's only two days late. :lol They were very pleased with it and the colors match their sun room beautifully.

post-9295-135897489513_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone. I finally finished the RR for my neighbors. It's only two days late. :lol They were very pleased with it and the colors match their sun room beautifully.

very pretty. love the colors. glad that your neighbors loved it =0)

Archived