What to Make for a Wedding Gift

Help!! Help!!! my little brother announced to me on Thanksgiving that he is getting married on January 3rd I would like to crochet him something quick and easy so does anybody have ideas that can be done quickly since I only have about a month and half thank you all for suggestions:eek

Help!! Help!!! my little brother announced to me on Thanksgiving that he is getting married on January 3rd I would like to crochet him something quick and easy so does anybody have ideas that can be done quickly since I only have about a month and half thank you all for suggestions:eek

depending on how fast you crochet a throw for their living room...

Several C'ville members have showcased "wedding afghans" that they made for such occasions. Afghans, when done in say, an off white, have an almost heirloom look to them and can make wonderful wedding gifts. Here is just one beautiful example: "Wedding Afghan" but there are others to be found on the 'show and tell' forum if you do a quick search there.

I realize the wedding is after Christmas, but if they are people who decorate for the Christmas holiday, how about Christmas stockings? Each year when they put them up they'll know their anniversary is close. I was given a quilted tree skirt for my wedding (in May), and every year love putting out something that was handmade by my husband's aunt. The stockings should last for many years. And if they ever have a child, you can make a matching stocking for the baby.

I like the idea of stockings. Maybe you could put little items in them, kitchen or bath hand towels, the scrubbies or dishtowels that were suggested, some crocheted bath puffs, maybe some nice soaps, a gift card if you know that they want something special from a store, candles for a romantic dinner, chocolates, whatever. As long as they don't expect you to fill them every year! :lol

Oh wow!!! That's my birthday. :D Potholders, hotmats, placemats, a few little or medium size doilies. Or two lapghans they can use when they sit on thier couch.

Archived