a frogging I go....

I am making a jacob's ladder afghan for my DH grandparents for Christmas,

I have been working on it for a week now, I was 75% done and I was looking at it and I saw that on one section between the ladders I was two DC off.... :oops

I look and I saw where I made a mistake and I am frogging 50% of it... :faint

If it was for me I would just leave it, it is a gift and I want it to be correct. :yarn

I'm the same way - for me leave it, but for a gift, I always have to fix it. Although I'd be tempted since you have so much of it already done. Is it very noticeable? If not then I might reconsider. Good luck!!

I feel your frustration, Lynns! Count me as a frogger too...Even if it's not that noticeable, the fact that I know means it has to go. Here's to making up lost ground with speed...er, accurate speed. ;)

That really can scorch you when this happens I sometimes frog things but, when I giving it as a gift I like it the right way. I had to rip things many time I know your frustration. I always like Jacobs Ladder in fact I making one in the round and had to put it down for a while lot of counting in that one. I look forward to see your afghan when it is done.

Oooooh- That always fries my ham when that happens! I do not mind a "no-see' error or two but when it goes as a gift, they have to be just that. Blessings that this time will not need the frogging.

I wouldn't frog it if I were you. A few years ago I made the same pattern for my brother who's sick (gulf war syndrome, the first one). I made so many mistakes on it but I didn't feel like ripping it. Plus I needed it done right away. Anyway, when you lace it up and put the edging on it, you can't tell anythings wrong. :no Try it out and see if you can spot it.

I feel your pain - been there/done it. I also like everything to be "perfect" in my projects, so if I see an error or something that I don't like, I frog and fix.

Would love to see the finished item.

You know before I took up crochet, I thought Sister Marcel, my first grade teacher, had taught me how to count. I have a project that was going to be a gift for a dear friend; it is, at least to me, a bit complicated. There is a section that changes colors every three stitches. It has become obvious now, that despite counting the base chain several times, I can’t count. The only solution is to rip it out and start it over again, and I just haven’t found the heart, or courage to do it. Poor, poor, poor befuddled John.

I just finished a Beret, and I bet I worked and re-worked the first, I don’t know, 10 or 15 rounds. The pattern was in one of the magazines I get. The mag. said it was easy, and I could nock it out in an evening. It took me 4 days. If it hadn’t have had a schematic rendering, I would probably still be at it, or somewhere where I’m only allowed crayons, and no sharp instruments, and have to take my medications from the nurse several times a day.

So yeah, if it is a gift, and the only thing I’ve ever made for myself was a potholder, then it has to be fixed, and what really gets me, is if I would have bothered just looking at it from time to time while working the project, I would almost certainly have caught the error when it was only 1 or 2 rows back.

John Hablinski, Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

Archived