Mixing yarns

I have a question. I am making a shawl in Caron Simply Soft in country blue. It is very pretty:hook. But I want to do a border or edging around it in soft white but I don't want to buy any more yarn. Well, I want to but it isn't in the budget...lol. I have soft white in ILTY and a bunch of it. Would it be ok to mix the 2 yarns since they are both worsted weight? Thanks for the help in advance.

It's fine to mix the two acrylics together. Sometimes, by adding a different color, the item really "Pops".

I bet it will be wonderful!

:manyheart

I'm going to disagree a little with everyone.

Are you going to boarder all around the shawl or just one or two edges?

If you do one or two edges, it should be okay.

If you do all around it, it could lay warped. Bumpy. I tried this a while back with scraps and grannies. The Simly Soft was in the center. Each grannie was boardered by Red Heart. Not a good combination. Now I have all these grannies I don't know what I'm going to do with them. If I take them out, there goes my hard work. If I join them, I've got a warped afghan that I would be embarrassed show anyone.

Thanks so much ladies. It is a triangle of course. I was going to just put it on the 2 sides and not the top. I think it will be ok. i guess I will find out as I just finished the blue part. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope it turns out ok as it is a gift for someone.

If you do all around it, it could lay warped. Bumpy. I tried this a while back with scraps and grannies. The Simly Soft was in the center. Each grannie was boardered by Red Heart. Not a good combination. Now I have all these grannies I don't know what I'm going to do with them. If I take them out, there goes my hard work. If I join them, I've got a warped afghan that I would be embarrassed show anyone.

perhaps you could block them and 'kill' the yarn.

I noticed this with some grannies I'm doing for a scrapghan. I'm thinking maybe it's because the CSS seems to be thinner than RHSS. Not a lot, but just enough to make a difference. :think

Archived