Bartering at it's best!

I met a lady this morning at church at our monthly Pancake breakfast. We got to talking and I found out that she makes beautiful ladder rosaries.

I happened to have my crochet bag with me and I showed her my baby sweater that I am making.

Turns out, she has a niece who is expecting a set of twin boys. She asked me if I would make her baby boy sweater sets and asked what I charged. I don't know always what a good price is for my work. I just feel funny about it.

So I came up with a barter. A handmade ladder rosary for the baby sets. She loved the idea.

Sometimes, God puts people in your life for a reason. I think I have a new friend.

:manyheart

That's wonderful, Linda! I'll bet her rosaries are beautiful! You've got to post a photo of yours when you get it, as well as the baby sets when they are complete!

:ty for sharing your heart warming story. Please do post pictures of the baby boy sweater sets and of the ladder rosary. What a wonderful world this would be if we all did something nice for someone else in turn for them doing something nice for us. :manyheart :manyheart

How wonderful, Linda! Both handcrafted works provide comfort through their use...sounds like a heavenly exchange - Enjoy getting your new friendship!

Linda, that's a wonderful exchange! I, too, have a hard time setting prices on my things and would rather barter....esp since I like being surprised.:D

Archived