Thought I'd share because it's just funny

I blame my husband for getting my yarn addiction juices flowing. Last year I decided to walk away from the hook so he helped me gather all my yarn and sell it at a yard sale.

Today we're at A.C. Moore and here is this grown man bent over, waist deep, digging in the mill ends bin looking for yarn. You'd here a muffled "well that's nice" and a bag of some colored yarn would flop out onto the floor. Next thing I know he's making requests and placing orders for patterns I've shown him!

I asked him why (since I've started crocheting a lot again) and he was like "Well you like doing it, don't ya?"

:hug I felt so loved!

So now we came home, and I unpack all the yarn. Mr. Wonderful somehow managed to get it to fit all into one giant plastic bin. I asked if I could go get more. Boy did I get a glare! :eek

I figure the next time my growing stash comes into question, I'll recall this day and kindly remind him - it's all his fault!

awesome.. I love when DH helps out sometimes its for the good last year for my Bday my DH said heres the credit card go to the yarn store that I knew was closing and he tells me is 200-300 enough to spend I was like um see ya before he changed his mind then I come walking in the door with 3 white garbage bags full dump in the living room floor and he tells me gee I expected more I said ya know I can always go back :):lol

awesome.. I love when DH helps out sometimes its for the good last year for my Bday my DH said heres the credit card go to the yarn store that I knew was closing and he tells me is 200-300 enough to spend I was like um see ya before he changed his mind then I come walking in the door with 3 white garbage bags full dump in the living room floor and he tells me gee I expected more I said ya know I can always go back :):lol

I blame my husband for getting my yarn addiction juices flowing. Last year I decided to walk away from the hook so he helped me gather all my yarn and sell it at a yard sale.

Today we're at A.C. Moore and here is this grown man bent over, waist deep, digging in the mill ends bin looking for yarn. You'd here a muffled "well that's nice" and a bag of some colored yarn would flop out onto the floor. Next thing I know he's making requests and placing orders for patterns I've shown him!

I asked him why (since I've started crocheting a lot again) and he was like "Well you like doing it, don't ya?"

:hug I felt so loved!

So now we came home, and I unpack all the yarn. Mr. Wonderful somehow managed to get it to fit all into one giant plastic bin. I asked if I could go get more. Boy did I get a glare! :eek

I figure the next time my growing stash comes into question, I'll recall this day and kindly remind him - it's all his fault!

Can i barrow your guy's hubby's lol!!!

wish mine was that cool!> My stash is sadly small and he STILL complains i have to much LOL

You have a "keeper". It is so wonderful that he is supportive of your craft.

You made me laugh so hard when you described his "digging". You should make him an afghan of his own from something he picked out (if you haven't already). :hug

My husband is not as supportive - he just says "yes" or "no" when I show him a finished project and ask if he likes it. oh well.... too late to trade him in for another. :D

love it!!!!

my hubby is very supportive on what ever craft I do, he just likes when I am happy and he just tells me don't tell me how much it cost LOL

he has his season tickets for the Detroit lions, and he plays hockey all year I support him with his activities and he does the same :)

he is a keeper...

My hubby was always very supportive of the crafts I did.. He would even go shopping with me and help me pick out lovely yarn and supplies.. He was the love of my life for 40 year..

Your story certainly put a smile on my face, but one question....How could you decide to put down your hook??!!:think haha! I have to feed my addiction often and I love it when I can find those expensive novelty yarns for cheap. Once in a while I can find them at Big Lots. Hobby Lobby has great sales too but we don't have them on the west coast so I have to wait until I go to TX to visit my family to stock up. Guess where I'm going next month??? YES!!! I have a special bag I carry on the plane just for all the yarn I buy. It holds about 40 balls. I have to get a window seat on the plane so I can squish it between the wall and halfway under the seat in front of me. Once I sat on the end and it kept spilling out into the aisle!!:lol Thanks for your story!!!:yay

I love it when the Hubby's get involved. They seem to let us spend more than we planned. I know when I can't decide between colors, he tells me to get both. When I put an order into PNC, he tells me to make sure I order all that I need.

As for making things. I make things, they go into the computer room for pictures and are never seen again, except for the totes of course.:devil

Gotta Love EM:manyheart

Archived