End-of-the-year-Clean-out-your-stash-Scrap Granny Square Afghan-CAL...Phew!

LoopyCrochet

Okay, so even though I haven't technically made any progress yet :blush I wanted to go ahead and post what I already have done. That way I feel like I'm contributing.

I'm trying to finish the Shawl-Collared Wrap Cardigan before Thanksgiving so I can wear it to dinner. As soon as I know I'll be able to pull that off, I can really focus on my grannies. Besides, I'll have left over Caron SS to throw in the mix. :yes

Two plastic grocery bags full. At last count I had 225 out of the 360 I'm aiming for, although it doesn't really look like it so I think I'll go back and count again just to be sure.

No progress? :think 225 out of 360 is great! :clap Me? I got "one" granny's daughter done yesterday. :blush It may be the "most wonderful time of the year", but it's also the busiest! :yes

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Yarn Monkey:

That is fantastic progress. :clap Just look at all those grannies! You are doing great and moving right along.

@JammerHolly:

Okay you got one done which is one more than you had before so I'd call that a move in the right direction. :cheer

Just commit to doing at least one square a day until you get caught up a bit. :yes

• 4 weeks later...
Pauline,

What type of scrap granny are you doing? Let us know how you are doing and post your progress.

I'm just doing a giant granny square. (never made one before, always keep putting it off) 6 colours - white and 5 shades of pink. So far that is the plan. I will keep you informed.

I'm just doing a giant granny square. (never made one before, always keep putting it off) 6 colours - white and 5 shades of pink. So far that is the plan. I will keep you informed.

Sounds like it will be pretty. Please post pictures when you can! =)

Oh and welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
Okay now that christmas stuff is done I can get back to this. How is everyone doing on their grannies?

I finished my scrap grannie and gave it to my son for Christmas. He really liked it. I'm here still to cheer on all the rest of you who are still doing this CAL. :cheer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this an older thread, but since I started this afghan here I thought I'd post my progress here. I took a long break on this,but I'm up to 35 hexes & trying to do at least 1 a day.

I know this an older thread, but since I started this afghan here I thought I'd post my progress here. I took a long break on this,but I'm up to 35 hexes & trying to do at least 1 a day.

I just saw this thread....looks like a thought I had after recently looking at my stash and pattern books!

Great idea!

Archived