End-of-the-year-Clean-out-your-stash-Scrap Granny Square Afghan-CAL...Phew!

LoopyCrochet

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like my "end of the year scrap granny" will be more like the "start of the new year scrap granny":blush ...I just have too much on my plate right now...

I will :lurk in every once in a while, to see how you are all doing...

Today being a holiday, I had the day off from my work so guess what? I've been crocheting on my scrap granny. I am so happy to say that I am at 45 inches wide now. Woohoo :yay

Here is a picture so far. I must admit that I had to buy another RHSS as my blue stash has run low and it takes some much now just to do a few rounds in the same color scheme.

post-10977-135897472261_thumb.jpg

I've run out of blue stash yarn and it's 55 inches wide so I'm calling this scrap granny finished! I did the border with SC around once for an edge. This is a Christmas gift for my son so I'm happy I have another present completed. :hook

post-10977-135897473806_thumb.jpg

post-10977-135897473814_thumb.jpg

I've run out of blue stash yarn and it's 55 inches wide so I'm calling this scrap granny finished! I did the border with SC around once for an edge. This is a Christmas gift for my son so I'm happy I have another present completed. :hook

[ATTACH]11927[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11928[/ATTACH]

Ooooh pretty!! Love it! :manyheart

It's beautiful! I'm just curious...how big is it?

She said it's 55 inches wide and since it's square I'd assume it is 55"x55".

It came out really nice. I bet your son is going to love it! :clap

I measured it again and it's 55 inches wide but only about 54 the other direction :think Not sure why it's not square but maybe its because its not blocked or stretched.

Anyway thanks everyone for the kind comments. How's everyone else coming on their grannies?

I measured it again and it's 55 inches wide but only about 54 the other direction :think Not sure why it's not square but maybe its because its not blocked or stretched.

Anyway thanks everyone for the kind comments. How's everyone else coming on their grannies?

Ummm I still haven't settled on the pattern rofl! I'm torn between just regular granny squares, but can't decide how many rows or colors to use on each... the daisy square that someone here made for charities (I have to still make some up to mail in so I'll do those and see how it goes before I make a final decision on my scrap ghan) and I also have thought about doing a circle of one or two colors and then make it a square with black. Then of course there is always the temptation to just make all the squares in all different patterns.

I did look through my entire stash last night while digging out the colors I wanted to use as candy for my gingerbread house. I have an incredible array of colors thanks to my grandmother gifting me with all her left overs and some of her friends as well. So it should be fun and interesting to incorporate as much of it as I can, if I ever get past this indecision of the pattern(s) to use!

[ATTACH]11927[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11928[/ATTACH]

It turned out lovely Cindy! :yay

:lurk Hi ladies I have been lurking and loving all the progress so far. I would love to join in this CAL if that is ok. I want to make a traditional granny and I am using all the fall type colors in my stash but will have to buy a few more as I don't have a large stash. I have been making as many from each skein as I can get out of it. I am using a maroon ILTY, a wedgewood type of blue ILTY, burnt orange ILTY, Gold ILTY, kind of olive green ILTY and I want to find a couple or other colors for the squares. Then I have 4 skeins of soft white that I am going to go around all of those and then I am going to put a chocolate brown border on all of them and join with the same brown. very fall looking. I have 14 maroon and 6 of the blue squares so far. Hope you guys dont mind me joining.:blush:D

:lurk Hi ladies I have been lurking and loving all the progress so far. I would love to join in this CAL if that is ok. I want to make a traditional granny and I am using all the fall type colors in my stash but will have to buy a few more as I don't have a large stash. I have been making as many from each skein as I can get out of it. I am using a maroon ILTY, a wedgewood type of blue ILTY, burnt orange ILTY, Gold ILTY, kind of olive green ILTY and I want to find a couple or other colors for the squares. Then I have 4 skeins of soft white that I am going to go around all of those and then I am going to put a chocolate brown border on all of them and join with the same brown. very fall looking. I have 14 maroon and 6 of the blue squares so far. Hope you guys dont mind me joining.:blush:D

Shana,

Hello and :welcome to this CAL. Your colors and design ideas sound wonderful. I can't wait to see it once you get started. Come back and post your progress for us all to admire. :manyheart

Welcome! Your granny square blanket sounds like it will be gorgeous! I can't wait to see it! :hug

[ATTACH]11927[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11928[/ATTACH]

What a beautiful blue blanket!:manyheartYour son is going to love it!

Speaking of which -- How are you doing? I'm here to :cheer you along! Give us an update on your grannie.

:blush I found a square I didn't realize I had... :blush But I haven't done anymore... I really need to get my butt in gear! :yes I've got some scrap I won't need after I finished my Gingerbread House, so I'll probably make a few grannies today just so I feel like I'm making some progress! :hook

Okay, so even though I haven't technically made any progress yet :blush I wanted to go ahead and post what I already have done. That way I feel like I'm contributing.

I'm trying to finish the Shawl-Collared Wrap Cardigan before Thanksgiving so I can wear it to dinner. As soon as I know I'll be able to pull that off, I can really focus on my grannies. Besides, I'll have left over Caron SS to throw in the mix. :yes

Two plastic grocery bags full. At last count I had 225 out of the 360 I'm aiming for, although it doesn't really look like it so I think I'll go back and count again just to be sure.

:angry:angry UGH!! :angry:angry I just recounted and re-recounted and re-re-recounted and now I'm only coming up with 210. I must have counted some twice when I was doing the tally in my notebook. Dang it. :blush

post-11765-135897474678_thumb.jpg

post-11765-135897474681_thumb.jpg

post-11765-135897474684_thumb.jpg

Archived