12" squares for my 11yo son - Updated: Pics in Post #1 Thnx everyone!!

mescovedo

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His therapy session went well I think. He's comfortable with her so that's a great start. He's going to start off going once a week then taper to once every other week and then maybe once a month.

Nicole (nicolep), Kristy (ladydaydreamer) & Cindy (cindyy8s) - your squares came in today! They are wonderful and his eyes lit up. :manyheart He's still in awe that people would do this for him - and now that he's learning to crochet he said maybe with his crochet he can help others like him. :)

His therapy session went well I think. He's comfortable with her so that's a great start. He's going to start off going once a week then taper to once every other week and then maybe once a month.

Nicole (nicolep), Kristy (ladydaydreamer) & Cindy (cindyy8s) - your squares came in today! They are wonderful and his eyes lit up. :manyheart He's still in awe that people would do this for him - and now that he's learning to crochet he said maybe with his crochet he can help others like him. :)

What a sweet and thoughtful son you have! He'll probably get a lot more therapeutic value from making items for other people than he will from counselors. I know I do!

:clapI'm so glad your son is home and doing better. With your love and support, I know he will continue to make progress. And that's great that he wanted to learn to crochet. And already successful at it! :yay What a quick learner he is! :yes And such a little sweetheart too-he already wants to help people with his crochet. :manyheart

This will be very helpful to him, because he will be so concentrated on his crochet, that he won't think about being sad. :) Will keep you in my prayers.:heart

Thank so much! He has his good days and bad days - so far no more cutting which is good. I'm just trying to keep him busy - keep the lines of communication open, etc. His next therapy session is Tuesday so I hope his progress continues. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers and the square! With any luck I can have all the squares in and the blanket put together before Thanksgiving!

My square didn't arrive yet? Wonder what's wrong with my post office. It took them 2 weeks to deliver my sister-in-law's birthday card last month =/ I ordered a graph on Ebay nearly 3 weeks ago and haven't received it either. I think I may have to use UPS or FedEx for Christmas this year, don't want my homemade cookies getting stale en route.

Swayde - got your squares in on Saturday - sorry we've been running around like crazy - I need a break! My oldest son has asthma which has flared up on Friday and was so bad today he couldn't go to school and I had to come in late to work today and left my list of the squares I got in on Saturday at home. =( I got in squares from 6 people between Friday and Saturday which is awesome! My son and I did our count and as soon as I get in the squares that others said they would send + the ones I've done we'll have enough!! Thanks Jessie! I'll be looking forward to seeing them! As soon as I get settled in tonight I'll repost a thanks to those I got in. I have to swing by the pharmacy and pick up some asthma meds for my son after work. Oh! And I think we have a busted water line in the yard too! Ugh!!! A plumber is supposed to come by at some point...

Swayde - got your squares in on Saturday - sorry we've been running around like crazy - I need a break! My oldest son has asthma which has flared up on Friday and was so bad today he couldn't go to school and I had to come in late to work today and left my list of the squares I got in on Saturday at home. =( I got in squares from 6 people between Friday and Saturday which is awesome! My son and I did our count and as soon as I get in the squares that others said they would send + the ones I've done we'll have enough!! Thanks Jessie! I'll be looking forward to seeing them! As soon as I get settled in tonight I'll repost a thanks to those I got in. I have to swing by the pharmacy and pick up some asthma meds for my son after work. Oh! And I think we have a busted water line in the yard too! Ugh!!! A plumber is supposed to come by at some point...

Sorry to hear you were having asthma problems with your son, that's got to stink =/ I am very glad the square made it there okay though! I can't wait to see it all put together =)

I'm sorry to hear that your other son has been sick. Hugs :hug :hug to both of you, and I hope he feels better soon. And I hope our young new crocheter is doing well and making progress. Hugs :hug to him too. I know the therapist will be able to help him, especially since he feels comfortable with her. He will be able to talk to her easily, and he will be willing to try her suggestions on how to cope with different situations. You're all in my prayers, especially since I know you must feel overwhelmed, with so much to deal with. But hang in there. It will get better.

Still left my list this morning! :think I will get it today!! LOL! But I can remember for sure that I rcvd Lisa & Karen's squares in yesterday! Thank you gals so much! I meant to bring my list this morning as well but it was a long night with the other kid. Update on my youngest: he has an orchestra concert this Thursday! And a therapist appt today (which is great b/c he's a little nervous about the concert being that he missed a week and half of school being at that hospital so he missed practicing). He's been keeping busy and looks forward to checking the mail every day for squares. It's always "Mom, x amt more squares and then you can put my blanket together!" And he's telling all his friends that he's getting an around the world blanket b/c some of the squares are from all over!

Glad you got the square in.

Your son will be getting warm hugs from all over the world when he wraps up in that blanket. :hug

The crochetville bunch made afghans for my son and I when he was injured in Iraq, and we treasure them, I'm sure your son will love his too.

Made it home to my list before I have to go pick up the little one. Over the weekend I received squares from Cynthia (cindybmw2004 i believe), Denise, Kris, Dusti, Barbara and one other that I don't have their 'ville name or first name so I'll just put R.D. initails. And Karen and Lisa yesterday. I'm almost to my goal! And I can sit down and piece it together, take pics, get it all snuggly wuggly in the wash and hand it over to a very excited little boy. I apologize if I've left anyone out, I'm trying to make sure I get thank you's to everyone! With Shannon's and Jessie's squares on the way I'll be that much closer and I think there's only a few others left that offered squares that I have not received yet and with those that should get me complete. :clap:yay

Shannon - got your square! Thank you so much! I just need to whip up 2 more and then I can start putting it all together! Yay! His concert was last night and it was great! He was smiling and happy and excited!

So glad to hear your son was pleased after the concert. Hope you have a good weekend all together!! Do you need/want any more squares? If it would save you some time, I would happily send another packet down to you...

{hugs}

Dusti - that would be great!! I'm only short 2 squares right now, so our plan was to lay them out this weekend so he can help put them in the order he wants and I can start joining them. So if it's not too much trouble I'd love the extra packet!

Archived