Caron connections - Kingston jacket - Wow!

rachelk

AND there is a schematic, AND there are stitch diagrams!!!

:cheer

Three cheers for Caron! I wish this could be the start of a trend

I've been browsing for suitable yarn for this. I'm not keen on contrasting trims, but this I think would lose something without a contrast. So I'm looking for a something which comes in two nice shades very close together. It uses a LOT of yarn which makes me think I don't want anything too expensive, but then it looks so incredible that it would probably be worth the expense.

Any suggestions, pass 'em on please! I've emailed the Caron online shop site to see if they deliver to Europe, I might even use the suggested yarn.....something I rarely do.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about to start this.

I initially tried to order the specified yarn but the Caron website got narky when I couldn't give it a US state code ... so I've gone for an alternative. It seems thin for a 5.0mm hook, but according to comments on the Ravelry site, Caron Country knits more like DK so it might be ok.

But ah, the perils of ordering online. I chose a stone colour for the main part and something described as Lilac for the contrast, but it's a rather vivid shade of purple so I might think again.

A few too many ruffles for me as I am a bit "ruffley" myself these days! :lol

However, It will look great on you young skinny ladies. :)

• 2 months later...

Can someone have a look at the pattern and photos of this for me and tell me if I'm interpreting the pattern correctly?

I'm at the part where I do the collar/scarf. I've already got the jacket, sleeves and front ruffles all put together. NowI have to work the scarf across the back neck. This means there will be part of the front neck left without edging. It looks odd to me, but this photo appears to show the top of the front part is left without edging.

I had a quick check on ravelry and it doesn't look like anyone else is working on this at the moment, so thought I'd try here.

Am I seeing it right?

I agree, in the photo it does look like the top edge of the front is bare. the scarf comes around from the back and blends in with the part of the front that does have the ruffle, so it looks like there are ruffles everywhere.

Yeah, I love the pattern too but I don't think it would work for me. Maybe during my younger and much thinner days, but not during my older with a few too many around the waist. I wish crocheting would be an exercise. I'd be really thin from all that I crocheted over the holidays.

• 1 year later...
i just started the back of the jacket and i understand most everything but when you make the hdc it the tells you to make a slanted puff stitch around the post of the hdc what exactly is the post? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the ville!:hook

The post is the vertical part of the stitch. You go around that, sort of from the side, instead of into the top of the stitch like you usually would.

Archived