hats for my 8 yr old little girl

annmcc1976

here are the hats i have made so far for my little girl who is almost 8

she has a condition where you pull your hair out in clumps out of nervousness or other various reasons.. sometimes for no reason.. it's called tricatilamaina (sp). So to cover the various bald spots I started to attempt hats.

It got hard to cover her head with her hair she has not picked.. and considering Im new in my area and have no friends here.. I do not know ayone else who crochets other then my uncle.. ad hes super busy. so i started... to try to teach myself so i can help my little girl out. she's very upset she cant stop.. and is embarassed by the bald spots. here is the first hat i made for her

madyfrumphat.jpg

here is the 2nd and 3rd. I have yet to get a pic of the one i mde yesterday.

madyflowerhat.jpg

madybumb.jpg

thank you.. i tryed to choose colors that go with her outfits she wears most.. I plan on making her more. some solid color ones. and i'm going to get some plain hair clips and hot glue flowers and other stuff i make.. so i can just put on a solid color hat and add the frilly after.. this way i can personalize one hat with several outfits so I do not have to mke like 30 hats to go with all her outfits.. lol

your hats are really cute !!! Even though I come from a family that knits and crochets ALOT, I taught myself quite a few years ago. Now, you can go on youtube and get videos and mini-clips on how to do things. Even CrochetCabana has some tips and tutorials !!!! Wishing you many fresh ideas and cool things !!!

The hats are beautiful. Did you create the pattern yourself or is it one you found?

No i used a basic pattern I found.. and just changed it up a little bit... The only part that is my own idea's are the added Flower ect. each hat is from the same pattern just I either added rows.. added stihes or got rid of rows. It edpened on how loose i kept the tension on the yarn. for how they all came out diffrent even thou i used the same base pattern.

your hats are really cute !!! Even though I come from a family that knits and crochets ALOT, I taught myself quite a few years ago. Now, you can go on youtube and get videos and mini-clips on how to do things. Even CrochetCabana has some tips and tutorials !!!! Wishing you many fresh ideas and cool things !!!

Yea i been finding alot... and a friend of mine I met thru a online game site. is sending me his Crochet DVD's as a gift!. He's a advanced crocheter and wants me to get some use of them now.. IT's so sweet of him.. my birthday isthis month so he saidit's myB-day gift.

I been trollin UTUBE n found some nice Tuts.. I plan on watching more of them when kids go back to school. They just get me ditracted rite now being home lol

Beautiful hats! You have wonderful color sense. :cheer
Thanks lol.. My little girl is all about Matching if we can. lol. I do not want her to clash lol. My fav of the hats is themulti color with flower.. then the black with flower.

Im working on a hat now from a pattern called a "bucket hat" it's going to have "grass" starting just above the brim.. with Flowers comming off it. how i have it in my head it's lookin cool. ust hopeit comes out cool:crocheting

Your hats are lovely, Ann! - You do very nice work and it's great that you found a creative way to help your dear daughter while she's weathering this storm. Your creations are stylish and will make the going a bit easier for her, I'm sure. Thank you for sharing.

thanks..... She loves her hats so much she begs me daily to make a new one but im running low on yarn and Do not have the funds to buy more. I splurged this month on a ball ofyarn but it's all i was able to buy. and I joined the Mystery CAL and i plan on using the yarn i bought for that (and giving it as a gift to my dd). She been asking me for a scarf. Just told her s of now the few hats she has will have to do till I can buy more yarn.

Archived