Totes for Christmas

woomba

I just love those Golightly Bags. I've made so many of these and give them away and of course I have quite a few of my own. Here are some that I made for Christmas gifts made in variations of wool, acrylic and cotton in favorite colors of the new owners to be.:ghug

post-19086-135897442838_thumb.jpg

Below is the first handbag that I have ever made (inspiration from a variety of free patterns.:lol It has white/beige blocks (cotton) for lining. I had to do the lining completely by hand since I only know how to sew that way. The handle is 3 chain lengths braided. The little bag is an amulet(free pattern) and then a coin purse (free pattern).

post-19086-135897442842_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking :hook

What sporty little bags, Kathy! Such a neat design, and with such an appropriate tag, too -I can just envision grabbing one on the run when the going calls for a light load. I love how you color each of your creations to match it's receiver -Personalize gifts are the best! Oh, and I think we all hold dearly our "first" _ Yours, with it's matching coin purse, is cute (btw, I hand sew my linings too, lacking machine...and skill ; ) Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for your comments girls. And I am so glad I'm not the only one that has to hand stitch lol. I forgot to mention the Golightly bag is a free online pattern. These are so easy and fast to make. I use them for sports, shopping and just plain everyday fun. Cheers.

Archived