Hello from North Wales, PA

dlfoxy1

the elk should be coming through our camp site soon. The deer are great to see. We do have a couple of bears that we haven't seen, but we know they are there cause they keep taking the bird feeder up the hill. We will be going up in about another week from Sept 3rd till the 14th. It is a great time to go. The fall is my favorite time up there.

How about taking some of the elk home with you ...lol!!!

I see a herd of about 13 elk almost every morning on the way to work. Last week 1 walked right out in front of me, at the top of Byrnedale Hill. I tried out the brakes on my new car ... they worked ...lol!!!

Hi! I am on the quick approach to 50 the end of this year. I am mom to one son and 3 stepsons, one daughter-in-law and 4 grandchildren. We enjoy them all! I especially love making the baby clothes and afghans for all of them and all of our extended family and friends. I feel the love pour out into every stitch.

My mom and grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was around 9 going on 10. Since then I have learned how to knit as well.

I am a very diverse crafter. There isn't any I have not at least tried. This online community should be fun and interesting. Looking forward to the crochet along!

Love and hugs,

Beth

BonBon64 and Segi1974:

Our calendar is marked for that weekend also if everything goes well, we should be there. Our place is right along side Route 120 as you go into Renovo. We're on the hill just before you cross the bridge. It's a little brick house with red shutters on the hillside. We look out over the river and see the hospital across the other side. We love the fall up there also. It's a beautiful time of year there. Maybe we'll bump into each other.

Beth1225: Welcome to the ville. It's nice to have neighbors here. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Everyone is so nice and very helpful. Love to see some of your things.

Kathy: We've been to the Snake Hunts that are held there and to the the ones at Cross Forks. I, myself, don't go for the snakes, but I like to look at the crafts and things they have to sell there. I'm looking forward to flaming foilage in Renovo to look at all the things they have to sell there too. The one year we took our Bassett to the Parade, was that a big mistake. She hated the sound that came from this little engine with a clown in it and then the drums of the bands....I literally thought she was going to climb the fence behind me. We were sitting on the back street by the railroad tracks near the end towards BiLo. I had to walk her home, she was so upset by the sounds.... We know better. She stays home.

Beth, welcome to the ville. I'm approaching 50 quickly too. I'll be 49 this year and have an 11 year boy. I also will try anything crafty too. I usually get my son to do something crafty for Xmas gifts. One year we painted bird houses and decorated them. Another year we painted little angels, santas, etc., xmas tree ornaments. We've also painted wooden boxes for plants and stenciled flowers on the front for Mother's Day gifts.

Hope to see you often here. I like it.

Hi Cindy!

Well, my parents and their family are from Pine Grove and Schuylkill Haven. While I was in school, we even lived in Pine Grove.... for about 7-8 months. My husband's family is from Renovo. Nice to know there's someone here from the coal region too. It feels like home week to me.

I have not been up there during the snake hunt. I have been to the flaming foilage a couple of times. My DH is in the AF so sometimes his drill falls on that weekend and we miss going. We usually go to camp the first weekend of the month during May to Oct as we like going to Hazen for the flea market. We will be going up the weekend after this one to go to the flea market. We go to the Antique store in Clearfield, Pa and Coudersport. They are the only ones we know of in the area. My DH and DS go four wheeling at Kettle Creek Park. I hope to retire up that way in the near furture.

Kathy: We've been to the Snake Hunts that are held there and to the the ones at Cross Forks. I, myself, don't go for the snakes, but I like to look at the crafts and things they have to sell there. I'm looking forward to flaming foilage in Renovo to look at all the things they have to sell there too. The one year we took our Bassett to the Parade, was that a big mistake. She hated the sound that came from this little engine with a clown in it and then the drums of the bands....I literally thought she was going to climb the fence behind me. We were sitting on the back street by the railroad tracks near the end towards BiLo. I had to walk her home, she was so upset by the sounds.... We know better. She stays home.

Hi again Cindy!

I know the place, Sweet Arrow Lake, drove past it alot years ago when my Dad use to take me to school in the early morning for band practice when we lived there way back in 1977. And, yes it is beautiful. My Dad was born and raised in Rock and lived on a farm. My Dad had just passed away this past January and his new home is at the Cemetary on Route 61 just before you get into Schuylkill Haven heading North bound. It's on the right hand side just before McDonald's. If you ever go by there, wave for me. He loved people and people loved him. He was into the American Legion, a Korean Vet. He use to be the State Poppy Chairperson for the American Legiona. All you have to do is ask someone if they knew Ivan Kerschner, and believe it or not, they probably did. He made friends with everyone and everywhere he went. We miss him dearly.

Our favorite place to eat in Pine Grove is the Red Lion....gotta have their Broasted Chicken.....boy is that delicious. If you've never had it, the next time you're there, stop in and get some.....best Chicken anywhere.

Looking foward to seeing some of your creations. I'm still feeling my away around the ville. Haven't seen it all yet. Working on it.

:welcomefrom Altoona, PA. We are delighted you decided to join in. You will love it here. :hug We have the best community on the web. It's addicting too. :devil

It's a small world. I used to own a cross stitch and framing store in Lansdale called Calico Cross Stitch. I moved to Altoona when I married my husband. That was about 17 years ago.

Hi Leslie!

I heard of the Calico Cross Stitch shop. I spent most of my time 20 years ago in Craftiques and Lansdale Discount House, which both are no longer here. We now have the Lamb's Wool right in town which deals only in crocheting and knitting. It's a quaint little shop owned by an older couple. They hold classes daily and I believe you can just go and crochet or knit with them and have a gab session. They supply threads, yarns, wools and stuff for spinning your own stuff. As far as crafty type stuff, you can go to Jo Anne Fabrics in Lansdale/Montgomery Township which supplies alot of material and a small supply of craft type stuff. The other two alternatives is Michael's or A C Moore's both Craft/Framing Stores in Montgomeryville.

I myself am originally from Sellersville. After I graduated I took a job at "GASBOY"/Wm. M. Wilson's Sons on 8th & Valley Forge Road. I worked there for just about 25 years. That's where I met my 2nd husband. We both worked there for for almost 25 years both before the new owners went Bankrupt over 6 years ago. Now I work for the local police dept.

Thank you for the nice warm welcome to the Ville. So far I'm enjoying it.

Archived