Hello from North Wales, PA

dlfoxy1

Hi everyone!

My name is Doreen, I'm the wonderful magical age of 48....... Not looking forward to the big 50 which is just around the corner.

I'm married for what will be 17 years in September. We have one son, named Johnn, he's 11 and going into 6th grade. He plays the violin and the clarinet, and loves to play basketball and go swimming. We have 2 dogs; a Bassett Hound named "Angel" and a Chocolate and White Cocker Spanial named "Sophie". I'm a secretary for a local police department and fill in for dispatching when needed.

I started to crochet 20 years ago when I tried to quit smoking. It's a fabulous way to quit. The money which would have normally gone up in smoke turned into wonderful presents and gifts for other people....I gave just about everything away. I also cross stitched and quilted things during the first 2 years after I quit. I always say, I crocheted myself around the world 3 times I crocheted so much that first year.

I'm presently working on 3 projects...depends on the mood I'm in and which one I work on. I making 2 matching doilies, one I have completed and the other one started, for my mother; I'm making Psycduck post-30955-135897439014_thumb.jpg for my son; and I'm also making the Eight-Pocket Carryall Tote bag that Lion Brand offers the pattern for free. The Tote is going really quickling for me.

I'm really excited about being here and looking forward to seeing what wonderful things that everyone has made. I have another doily that I started but I lost the pattern and can't find the magazine in which I got it from (an old Magic Crochet or Decorative Crochet Magazine from between 1991 - 1993). post-30955-135897439033_thumb.jpg So, if anyone happens to have this doily pattern somewhere and wouldn't mind sharing it with me, I would really appreciate it so that I may finish it. If nothing comes up, I will attempt to create a closure on my own....something new for me. I've never created/designed anything on my own.....a new venture for me.

Doreen

North Wales, PA

post-30955-135897439027_thumb.jpg

post-30955-13589743903_thumb.jpg

Hello from west Michigan, Doreen! :waving. Welcome aboard; we're glad to have you join us. Seeing your Psycduck made me smile. Nice work!

Hi everyone!

My name is Doreen, I'm the wonderful magical age of 48....... Not looking forward to the big 50 which is just around the corner.

I'm married for what will be 17 years in September. We have one son, named Johnn, he's 11 and going into 6th grade. He plays the violin and the clarinet, and loves to play basketball and go swimming. We have 2 dogs; a Bassett Hound named "Angel" and a Chocolate and White Cocker Spanial named "Sophie". I'm a secretary for a local police department and fill in for dispatching when needed.

I started to crochet 20 years ago when I tried to quit smoking. It's a fabulous way to quit. The money which would have normally gone up in smoke turned into wonderful presents and gifts for other people....I gave just about everything away. I also cross stitched and quilted things during the first 2 years after I quit. I always say, I crocheted myself around the world 3 times I crocheted so much that first year.

I'm presently working on 3 projects...depends on the mood I'm in and which one I work on. I making 2 matching doilies, one I have completed and the other one started, for my mother; I'm making Psycduck [ATTACH]7195[/ATTACH] for my son; and I'm also making the Eight-Pocket Carryall Tote bag that Lion Brand offers the pattern for free. The Tote is going really quickling for me.

I'm really excited about being here and looking forward to seeing what wonderful things that everyone has made. I have another doily that I started but I lost the pattern and can't find the magazine in which I got it from (an old Magic Crochet or Decorative Crochet Magazine from between 1991 - 1993). [ATTACH]7198[/ATTACH] So, if anyone happens to have this doily pattern somewhere and wouldn't mind sharing it with me, I would really appreciate it so that I may finish it. If nothing comes up, I will attempt to create a closure on my own....something new for me. I've never created/designed anything on my own.....a new venture for me.

Doreen

North Wales, PA

hi there! welcome to the ville from central pa!

Hi, Doreen! Welcome to our forum here. I'm new here myself. The members are a very nice group of people. I'm sure you'll enjoy being here. ;)

Hi BonBon64:

Thank you and thank everyone for the the nice warm welcomes to the forum. FYI: We also have a vacation house up in Renovo, PA, home of "FLAMING FOILAGE". We're hoping to get up there for this "Big" event. If you're not sure where it's at, it's about 20 minutes north of Lock Haven College. Beautiful country.

I've crocheted alot of this to and from Renovo. A great way to get things done and have time fly. The 4 hours ride gets to be long after awhile.

I'm glad to be here.

Hi BonBon64:

Thank you and thank everyone for the the nice warm welcomes to the forum. FYI: We also have a vacation house up in Renovo, PA, home of "FLAMING FOILAGE". We're hoping to get up there for this "Big" event. If you're not sure where it's at, it's about 20 minutes north of Lock Haven College. Beautiful country.

I've crocheted alot of this to and from Renovo. A great way to get things done and have time fly. The 4 hours ride gets to be long after awhile.

I'm glad to be here.

We go there every year for the festival!!! Already have Oct 10th marked on the calendar for the last big ride of the season. We ride to Renovo several times a year and also go up to Hyner View. Renovo is about 65 miles from our house.

What a small world. We have a camp in Sinnamahoning, Pa.. We pass through Renovo on our way to camp. I can get a lot of crocheting done for the 5 hour drive we have. The 5 hours we drive is worth the tirp cause it is just beautiful up there.

Hi BonBon64:

I'm glad to be here.

What a small world. We have a camp in Sinnamahoning, Pa.. We pass through Renovo on our way to camp. I can get a lot of crocheting done for the 5 hour drive we have. The 5 hours we drive is worth the tirp cause it is just beautiful up there.

How about taking some of the elk home with you ...lol!!!

Archived